- We went to Pineview Reservoir as a family on Saturday. It was the first day that both John and Ruth had off all summer, so as soon as people woke up, we packed them all into van and spent the day at the lake. John apparently is not a great swimmer and doesn't like the feel of sand on his feet. But he was glad we went anyway.
- Ruth and Kate were away at girl's camp, so I took my days of not having to get Ruth to and from work to go out and play with the 8 younger kids. We spent two days out and about and away from home playing with cousins and friends. It was really nice.
- Ruth went to her final year of girl's camp. She had a nice time. She said it was relaxing and easy going.
- Kate spent much of the week at girl's camp too. She agreed with Ruth that it was fun and relaxing. That's nice because Kate really didn't want to go.
- Johnny is such a good kid. He played well with all of the younger kids that we met at parks and all of our younger kids at home. He has a knack for organizing fun games for the kids.
- Adam was a bit of trouble at the Bean Museum when we went, but he was good at the park. I think he enjoyed getting out and doing fun summer things for the week. There's only about 8 days left before school starts, so I better think of some more fun things for the kids.
- Rachel loved the museum and the parks and my friend Natalie's house because she has such an awesome yard. Rachel is preparing for auditions for the 3rd/4th grade musical. She talked about what she should sing all weekend.
- Anya was happy and loved our days out. The kids always came home just tired and ready for bed, so that is always a positive for keeping them out and running around all day.
- Joseph started sucking his thumb last spring. Now he is trying to stop and failing pretty miserably. He asked me to pray for him, sweet boy.
- Joshua loved the parks and played and played so hard, but when I asked him if he would like me to take him to the park for a day again, he said, "I choose playing with your phone."
- Arwen is funny because she gets these silent temper tantrums where she will not make a noise but she becomes limp and dead weight. We have no question when she is upset about something, it's just not loud.
- Suzy is in temper tantrum stage. She lies on the floor and screams and kicks and does so often. I will be glad when her teeth come in and I have my happy baby back.
This Week's Pictures
4 comments:
I love all these cute pictures!
Diane, I'm so amazed that on top of all you do, you faithfully share weekly blog updates about your beautiful family! I LOVE IT! Thanks!
Thanks Mary. My kids, my kids' friend, and my mother always remind me when I am late getting it up. But my kids love to read what I write about them and then back in time when they are young. It has been a nice thing for our family.
I really loved all the awesome pictures of our fun time. I am happy you are getting some fun moments with the kids after all the work this summer. I love reading the updates.
Blessings and hugs!
Post a Comment