Monday, July 20, 2015

This Week at Our House #28



  1. I can't believe July is almost over. John should get his work submitted this week and he will likely be done the contract. If they want him to continue on they will need to upgrade the contract or hire him on full time. I guess we'll see what happens.
  2. I have realized that I do two things that I really need to fix in my life. The first is that I am too critical of my husband. I know I need to become more gentle with my words. And the second is that I need to have more faith. I find myself doubting and worrying too much. The scriptures say that "...if ye had faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye might say unto this sycamine tree, be thou plucked up by the root, and be thou planted in the sea; and it should obey you."(Luke17:6) Obviously there is way more power in faith and in words than most of us have enough belief and understanding to make use of. I know that I need to work on that. I am sure this is a huge process of trust and belief and action that I don't yet understand, but right now I do understand that doubt, worry, and fear are in opposition to faith. I can work on repenting and eliminating those in my life.
  3. Ruth was sick on Wednesday and Thursday, but then had to work extra long hours on Friday and Saturday. And I think she will work a lot this week because the two head cooks will be on vacation. 
  4. Kate and I have both been mourning how much work this summer has been. The house is on the market for sale by owner. That may make things harder or easier. We really have to focus on keeping the house clean, but I would like to just take the kids camping at a lake for a few days so we are away from so much cleaning, repairing, and electronics and only have each other and nature to contend with. Kate would agree with all except the nature part. Unless she can get a bug-free natural setting.
  5. Johnny helped me with a lot of repairs around the house all week. He also spent a lot of time playing games with John, Ruth, Kate, and Adam. He loves games. 
  6. Adam likes to pick on his younger sisters. It can be a huge pain at times. I need to find a way to persuade him to be a little kinder.
  7. Rachel is the master at getting out of work. But I do agree with her. It is time for a vacation.
  8. Anya has been making up for Rachel's lack of effort so I told her she could stay up as late as the big kids the rest of summer break. That has meant she excitedly joins us in reading or watching a show and promptly falls asleep. 
  9. Joseph's birthday is today. He's gotten so tall, he's good friend, and he knows so much. If something is lost, Joseph likely knows where it is. Six years have passed quickly with this little boy.
  10. Joshua is not peeing his pants anymore. I can't remember the last time he did. I think I owe that little boy a train ride at last.
  11. Arwen is a girlie girl in every sense except that she prefer pants or simple dresses to go along with all of her other frills.
  12. Suzy girl is walking and is now 19 months old. She's strong willed and determined and has no problem letting us know how she feels about things.
This Week's Pictures





1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Adorable pictures as always; I love their sweet faces. I hope that John get's a new contract or is hired. I know how it feels when they don't have work and it is very tense and hard to be patient with it all. Praying for you all! I hope the house sells soon so that it isn't a long process. I love how hard your children have worked and are working. You have taught them well.
Those little ones are progressing right a long. I do think you all need a few days off and away; so I hope that happens.
Blessings and hugs!