- John is really close to finishing his contract, and our house is looking much closer to a show and sell state of being. I should have it listed and pictures up by next week. (Scary)
- I painted and worked hard and cleaned and cleaned. I also got to speak to the BYU-I students as well as listen to a lot of awesome speakers. I got to get together with my best friends all with big families. That was so much fun and such a needed break. I also took the little kids on a day trip to thank them for being so good while I ignored them for 2 weeks and painted the house.
- Ruth came to the field trip with me and decided that she will need to take that class at BYU-I. The professor, Doctor Rarick, told her that BYU is the Church's school, but BYU-I is the Lord's school.
- Kate worked like a slave for me. We got the entire downstairs painted in 2 days and then we cleaned a ton. We still have a lot to do. Kate will do some more slave labor, but she has had a great attitude about it.
- Johnny rolled the paint onto just about every wall in the house and didn't complain even once. He has also done a lot of cleaning and moving of heavy boxes and furniture and still without a single complaint. Oh, and he has finished reading the entire standard works as a 13 year old boy. He is and has always been unusual and mature.
- Adam didn't paint this week, but he watched the younger kids and kept things picked up. Adam has also done a lot of cleaning and a lot of heavy lifting. He has been good natured about it too.
- Rachel has been one of the main kids keeping things clean, and watching the littlest kids. I am impressed at how well my kids have pitched in and done their fair share.
- Anya plays with Suzy to help out. She does such a good job. Suzy loves to have Anya play with her.
- Joseph has been really good too. Really, I am surprised at how easy this has gone when normally it would be very hard on everyone. I did allow Joseph to play a lot of computer games to keep him occupied. But still, he has not broken anything, written on any walls, or destroyed anything for more than 2 weeks, Hopefully this will be a permanent change.
- Joshua wakes up first every morning, and he is so loud! But he will go and play until everyone else gets up.
- Arwen loves our little kitty. And we were really excited when she came out of nursery today with her coloring sheet. She pointed to a picture of Joseph Smith and said, "this is Joseph Smith," and she pointed to a picture of the Savior and said, "this is Jesus."
- Suzy is walking. Not 100%, but whenever she wants to go, she starts by walking. I think by the end of next week, she will no longer be crawling.
This Weeks Pictures
2 comments:
I'm so proud of your hardworkers! Good job guys!
Lovely pictures of the children this week. I don't know how you are getting it all done; but it is awesome that they children are so good about helping. You are an amazing family. Praying that all goes well with selling your home and John's job.
Blessings and hugs for all!
Post a Comment