Monday, July 27, 2015

This Week at Our House # 29



  1. The month is waning. Summer has progressed at top speed and now I have to start thinking about getting ready for school. John's still working, though without a new contract I am not sure he will get paid for what he is doing. But that's ok. He is still looking for either more contract work or a full time job. We are mostly looking in the South East to be nearer to my family, but we will take a job about anywhere if the company is stable and the pay is enough. 
  2. I got to meet my dear MWS colleague and friend, Susan Porter on Monday. She was diagnosed with colon cancer and is moving to Florida to stay with her friends because her husband travels so much. I meant up with her at Temple Square a few hours before her flight left. I just run and run all of the time. When I just had 5 or 6 or even 8 little kids I was able to pace myself better. I could get naps and my kids would go to bed early enough to give me time to recoup. I even wrote a couple of times about how doable a large family can be. Well, 10 kids has finally beaten me, but I also think that having older kids who want to stay up all night and sleep all day are a big part of that.
  3. Ruth took Kate to the mall on Monday and bought her a nice dress. Then she took Kate and I out to dinner on Friday night. 
  4. Kate stayed up until 6:30am reading a book I gave her. I am not sure if I am glad or sad, I gave her a book I knew she would get  interested in.
  5. Johnny's voice cracks so much now. It's hilarious!
  6. I let the kids play computer games again this week and Adam played one game for hours and hours. I think I may ground them all again.
  7. Rachel played Star Wars with Anya, and when we went to visit a friend of mine and played her 3 acre yard, Rachel played pirates and even wrote a treasure map.
  8. Anya LOVES bike riding all of a sudden and begs and begs for me to take her on a bike ride. But since I need to exercise more, this is a good thing.
  9. Joseph began sucking his thumb at the end of the school year and now he sucks it constantly. I think I am going to have to put a glove on his hand to help him break the habit before school starts in about 3 more weeks.
  10. Joshua has been jealous of Joseph and Arwen's birthday's. He takes their presents and tells them they were meant for him and them. Today he told me what he wanted me to get him for Arwen's birthday. 
  11. Arwen's birthday is today. She's 3! She's potty trained! She's a little shy. She's very independent and can do most things for herself. She loves chocolate, shoes, dolls, changing her clothes about 5 times a day, playing on my phone, looking at books, drawing and coloring.
  12. It's still just fun to watch Suzy walk around. I love the wobbly baby walk.
This Week's Pictures


















1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I always love your sweet photos. You have such adorable children. I hope that little one enjoys her birthday; I am sure she will.
Praying that your husband lands a good job soon; I know that would be such a blessings. I am happy he has had some work for the last little while.
If I were you I don't think I would worry about the games if it keeps them occupied so you can take a breath or two. School will come and then you can take those things away.
I may have used TV too much in the summer; but they did play outside more than children do today. I do think being outdoors playing in the summer is so good for children.
If it's hot turn on the sprinklers.
Well, I did enjoy your update and think it is awesome that your girls are so helpful and that Ruth took you both out; sweet.
Prayers, blessing and hugs for your sweet family!