- If I act at all worried about his job, John makes me sit next to him while he explains in detail exactly what he has accomplished, the problems he is having, what he is doing to solve them, and what he has left to do. I think it must be a punishment. But he's doing well and progressing on schedule.
- I am hanging in there. I am feeling a little impatience about getting the repairs and things done in the house. And of course, we are getting to the point where everyone is tired of school and homework while big projects pile in.
- Ruth took the ACT on Tuesday. She had a practice on Saturday that she did well on. We'll get her score in 3 to 4 weeks. But I cannot put the score on my blog without her permission. Her 17th birthday is this month. Time has flown!! Ruth will be voting in the next presidential election.
- Kate had Tuesday off from school. The littlest kids have been feverish, while the rest of the kids have had a cough and cold. So Kate spent her day off lying on the couch watching movies with Josh and Arwen. I spent that day driving every one to and from school.
- Johnny has big projects coming at him from all sides. Though, unlike last year, he is keeping up with his deadlines and doing all of his homework without any nagging from me.
- I had parent/teacher conference this week and as usual, Adam got a glowing report. He's a perfect student, and a good friend.
- Rachel is almost to level with reading and while she finds math quite challenging, she is doing well. Currently, she is learning long division. Rachel has no behavior issues and has lots and lots of friends. I volunteer with the musical sometimes, and get to see Rachel interact with her friends.
- Anya gets glowing reviews for her academics. She is well ahead for her grade and she tests well ahead too. But she does get a little too chatty. He class is doing a little opera they wrote, and Anya has a big part and is loving it. I did not know about it, though, until her teacher told me.
- I asked John what he thought the two most non-surprising things Joseph's teacher would say about him. He guessed them without hesitation. Joseph has trouble staying in his seat and getting into the teachers things. We are NOT surprised. He has been rummaging through everyone's rooms and stealing money and hiding it in odd places and then forgetting where he put it. That boy needs the woods explore!!!! On a side not, Joseph grabbed a jalapeno from a jar on the counter thinking it was a pickle. He took a bite and distressingly said,"There is something wrong with these pickles!"
- I gave Josh a children's benadryl melt away pill. He licked it three times and said, "This belongs in the trash, Mom".
- Arwen's been sick with a fever and cold. She's had a rough winter with illness,
- Suzy had a very high fever this week and has wanted nothing but lots and lots of cuddles. Her fever has finally dropped.
This Week's Pictures
| It's happened! This will be the end of little girl smiles for Anya. Soon she will have her big front teeth. |
No comments:
Post a Comment