- John's job continues to go well. And since he is working from home, he still has plenty of time with the family.
- I thought after I quit work I'd get a lot more done. If more sleep counts, then I'm doing well.
- Ruth's so stressed about the upcoming ACT. We looked at a website that helps you determine if you have a good chance of getting into certain colleges. I think that made her more nervous, even though it looks like she should get into her first choice. And wow, I cannot believe I am getting to this point with my own children. It seems like this was me not that long ago.
- Kate's very happy that she does not have to worry about the ACT for another year.
- We are trying to figure out what to do for Johnny for school next year. We might send him away with Ruth and Kate or we might have him go to school for chemistry, orchestra, and seminary and do the rest at home. He'll be 14 just as he begins the 10th grade, so I am feeling a little nervous sending him to big high school. Legacy Prep has been wonderful. I wish they were still going to the 12th grade.
- Adam's done a great job on some big projects he's had for school. He's basically completed them alone and they turned out well and even comparable to the kids whose projects were mostly done by parents.
- Rachel's going through something. She has been yelling and screaming and on edge. I've finally gotten her calmed down long enough to have a solid conversation on self control and choices. Hopefully, she'll really calm down and try and make some good decisions on how to behave.
- Anya's doing better at not lying since we made it a policy to not believe anything she tells us. It seems that she is starting to internalize "The Boy Who Cried Wolf".
- Joseph has been climbing on everything. He particularly seems to like sitting on top of the toy shelf. He's been playing outside again more. The winter and Joseph and I have never been good friends. Joseph needs to move around and explore.
- Josh has been pretty awful about primary, so I've started doing a practice primary lesson every morning with Joseph, Josh, and Arwen. I'll see if it helps him with church, but I know it is good for his soul to be getting a more personal gospel instruction each and every day. We spend a lot of family time reading and talking about the scriptures and relating them to our lives and current events, but I think the little ones can get left by the wayside because it is just not interesting for them yet.
- Arwen's hair is finally growing in and looking nice and that just makes me so happy.
- Suzy climbs up and down the stairs. She's such a cute and curious little girl. We all just adore her.
Thursday, February 26, 2015
This Week at Our House #8
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I love the practice primary idea for the littles... I actually kind of want to do a little more of that with just Ada... Her Primary teacher last year came out with some kind of bizarre comments.
Post a Comment