Tuesday, December 2, 2014

This Week at Our House # 48



  1. I really thought we would hear back from one or two places and didn't. We are still just waiting. Though, we had a really nice Thanksgiving with John's brother, Jeremy and his family at our house. And then on Sunday night, we went to Jeremy's house for a fun chocolate dipping party.
  2. I did not get a job that I applied for at Target. I am still looking and applying for part time work as John has run out of unemployment benefits. I am trying hard to have faith and to be positive about everything. Sometimes that is easier than other times. I was sitting on the couch feeling a little anxious about my life until I looked around me. I noticed Rachel, Adam, and Anya sitting around me singing The Meet the Mormon's song, "Gloria", and then John sitting on the other couch helping Kate with her math. Suzy and Arwen were lying on the floor under the Christmas tree, and Josh and Joseph were nearby peacefully building with blocks and I just had peace. My family is good. My kids are happy.
  3. Ruth had so much homework during Thanksgiving break, I feel like I hardly saw her. A neighbor has hired Ruth to help clean while his wife is pregnant. She goes over on Saturday and is paid $10 an hour. It's the perfect arrangement. She is too busy with school to have a real part time job, and she would not be paid as much if she did.
  4. In school before Thanksgiving, the high school had a little thing where the students could send "thankful grahms" to each other. Kate got one from a boy she is always having debates with during chemistry. He thanked her for debating with him. I think that is kind of cute.
  5. Johnny had the whole week off. He really enjoyed Thanksgiving and all of the food. Which is quite unbelievable because he was the 4 year old that told me that Thanksgiving dinner was "the most disgusting dinner" I had ever made.
  6. Adam loved his week long break. He wore his pajamas and only his pajamas every single day except Sunday. And he never went anywhere. He just enjoyed being home.
  7. Rachel stayed up late every single night during her Thanksgiving break, but she does not like to count it as staying up late unless the kids younger than her are all in bed much earlier.
  8. Anya never went anywhere all break and combed her hair only on Sunday and Thanksgiving. I enjoyed the days off where I did not have to battle with Anya and a hair brush myself.
  9. Joseph likes to read. He found some of Rachel's old first grade books and sat and read through as many as he could. I love when something hard is easy for a kid.
  10. Josh loves toys. He plays with his toys all day long. He loves to build with blocks, legos, and duplos. He also loves to build his train tracks and drive his cars around. He can be really fun to watch play.
  11. Arwen is just talking so much! 
  12. Suzy is a silly little thing. She laughs and laughs and loves to play. I put her pacifier in my mouth. She pulled it out and just cracked up and laughed long and hard. 
This Week's Pictures







2 comments:

LeAnn said...

Oh those pictures are priceless.
I do hope you hear on a job soon. It would be a great Christmas gift
I loved your description of your moment of peace; it was lovely.
It will get better and you are so blessed with awesome children; I love reading about them.
Prayers, blessings and hugs for you dear girl.

rozanny said...

Love number 2! It's so true!