Tuesday, December 2, 2014

MAGIC & MIRACLE in the MESS: Finding the Good During Unemployment

The Miracle Washing Machine. It works to well that I have actually enjoyed doing laundry

First I just have to say that all these magic and miracles are not magic. I know that it is real people with their own real problems often making some real sacrifices to help us out, to make us happy, and to make us more comfortable. To all of you, I thank you from the deepest part of my heart. I have been so touched and so blessed by so many. You have brought light into what could be a very dark time for our family.
1) I am still in awe at this. Friday afternoon, while my house was a huge mess and I was napping on the couch while the kids watched a show, we had a knock on our door. The kids answered it and debated about whether or not they should wake me up. I just woke up. I looked down at the strangers at my door and was worried about how to send away another sales person. They weren't sales people. They began to explain that a newly purchased washing machine would be delivered to my home the next day and I needed to be home. Feeling stunned, it took me a few minutes to comprehend what they were saying. Their family got together and bought us a new washing machine, a new kitchen aid mixture, new pans, a new griddle, some glass cups, and a great basket the dishes all came in. Along with the kitchen aid, will come a rebate visa card with $50.
2) My mother called me on Saturday. she had bought and then cancelled the order for a kitchen aid mixture. But she is still sending along some more pots and pans and glass cups.
3) We had a very lovely Thanksgiving with John's brother Jeremy and wifeRosanne.
4) I did not get the job at Target and I have not heard back from many other places I have applied to. But I am starting to write for a branch of the Deseret News called Deseret Connect (anyone can do this). It will not bring in the immediate money we need, but no one seems to want to hire the 39 year old who has not worked in 17 years.
5) My dear friend, DeserĂ©t, sent along a check for $150 which will help us make our car payment due in a couple of days.
6)Chatting with John's cousin Julie who has been there and done that and has made it through just fine.
7)My heart is just full. Sometimes it seems like much is wrong in the world, but actually while there is heart ache and evil abounding, there is just as much love and kindness.
8)$200 from Jer and Rosanne

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

I love to read all the tender mercies that are coming your way in such a difficult time. Heavenly Father is there for you all and it is so awesome to have so many who love and care about you all.
Continued blessings prayed for you today.

rozanny said...

Your new washing machine looks amazing! Is it a large one so you get to do fewer loads? That would be awesome...