Sunday, October 26, 2014

This Week at Our House # 43



  1. In the last couple of days, John has been asked to do three phone interviews, and he will have those this coming week. We are really praying that he will get a job in the next couple of weeks before the holidays. He had one that went well this week.  They even asked for a second interview over the phone. But it is a start up company in Chicago. We didn't feel too great about it, so we prayed that the best thing would happen. If he is offered a job, he really needs to take it, or he loses unemployment. Well, he did not hear back from them. So we are thinking the job would not be right. 
  2. On Tuesday, I went to a family conference at BYU and got to hear some great speakers including Ryan Anderson and Mark Regnerus. Though, Utah's very own, Jenet Erickson was my favorite speaker. I got introduced to Sister Linda S Reeves of the Relief Society General Presidency by my UFI friends. On Thursday, I helped during musical practice and then went quickly up to the Capitol to hear Jennifer Morse from the Ruth Institute speak. She was incredible. On Friday, I washed all of the cupboards and cleaned out the fridge and freezer. I need to do that more often so that it does not take as long. And then on Saturday I chauffered, ran some errands, spent 6 hours switching the summer clothes out for the winter clothes and then cleaned all three bathrooms.
  3. Ruth had her first big dance date. She went with a big group of friends all dressed in 50's styles. They did some day time activities, then went home and dressed. Then they went to dinner at a 50's style restaurant, and then to the dance. After the dance, they went to someone's house for ice cream and games and then home by midnight. Ruth's date was her friend and she said it was really nice because they could just hang out and have fun with no "does he/she like me" pressure.
  4. Kate had a debate on Tuesday and maybe just a little bit less homework all week long. She helped a lot on Saturday while I was so busy with chores. She made dinner and made the kids clean up and take care of things, etc.
  5. Johnny's first term ended with all A's. He's doing really well. 
  6. Today was the Primary Program at church. Adam gave a really good talk, but struggled sounding out the word "missionary". It was pretty cute.
  7. I could hear Rachel sing all of the songs, though the primary sang amazingly well, the best I have ever heard. When Rachel's class sang the baptism song together, Rachel had an accidental solo because she was the only one who knew the words at one part. The amazing thing was I could hear her loud and clear from the back of the second overflow.
  8. Anya doesn't have any extra curriculars yet, so she had a pretty quiet week compared to everyone else. Sometimes I think the middle kids get a little lost in the flow, but we are sure glad this sweet girl is around.
  9. Joseph had his first ever birthday party at a friends house. He had a lot of fun. He is sure growing up! I gave him a haircut and he just looks so much older,
  10. Joshua hates it when I switch his clothes over and usually won't stay undressed until he is cold enough to put clothes on. I think he has trouble with change. If we end up moving for John to get a job, I suspect he will have a lot of trouble with that.
  11. Arwen likes to stay up late and hang out with me while all the rest of the little ones are in bed. We put her to bed, and she just quietly keeps popping back up. If she wasn't so good and cute, I'd probably lock her door. As it stands, she seems to know how to behave to keep from being sent back to bed. 
  12. I am so glad I have Susan and get to be her mom. I think I am that much more grateful just because she is number 10. I could have easily chosen to be done, and then I would never have known sweet Susan. 
This Week's Pictures

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I love the pictures and the 50's one brought back a memory or two.
I do hope the interviews for your husband go well; you are in my prayers. I am glad you had a great week with some fun things that I am sure you enjoyed.
As always I love the updates on the children. I think the date your daughter went on looked like a lot of fun.
Susan sounds like such a delightful little one; I am glad you had her too.
I know your children bring you great joy and I know how that feels.
Blessings for all1