Each week for the past month I have been putting up a Facebook post highlighting the good and the miracles in our life while having to deal with long term unemployment. Since my blog is my journal, I decided to copy these same posts here. When we are not dealing with this anymore, I want to be able to go back and really remember that while things were hard, good things happen too.
First post:
My friend Ganel-Lyn's husband lost his job and every week since then she has written about he miracles they have experienced while they are going through this difficult time. Her little miracles have really helped me to see the positive in our life as we are dealing with the similar difficulties. With permission, I am going to follow her lead. So here it is:
MAGIC & MIRACLES in the MESS:
1) We ran out of trash bags and printer paper. Both are pretty important (especially with school in). I went to Costco planning to buy then with money we did not have. Both items happened to be on sale for $3 off!
2) While checking out at Costco, I remembered that I had my executive membership reimbursement check to renew my membership with and that it was more money than the total cost of the membership. I was able to renew my membership, buy the trash bags and paper, and come home with $40 cash.
One request: John is looking for a senior software position. We are willing to move out of state. So if you know of anything please message me and I can send you John's resume. Thanks (By the way. Many people responded and we have been able to get some real networking going.)
Second Post:
MAGIC & MIRACLES in the MESS-- trying to find the good during unemployment.
1) Good friends: I have some really good friends and when things are tough they are there to talk and that is just so, so, so helpful.
2) A brother in law tossing money at me when I refused to take it even though I know every little bit helps.
3) The music teacher allowing us to swap service for the money for the musical or to just pay slowly.
4) The fact that Adam and Rachel get to be in the musical even though it was very competitive and we are not exactly a musical family. I think Rachel has found her calling in life. I got to see her end her first day of practice and I think that is the happiest she has ever been just singing her little heart out.
5) All of the wonderful people who have taken John's resume and turned it in with a recommendation. Thank you, thank you so very, very much.
6) A phone interview that may mean nothing, but at least he got that far.
Third Post:
MAGIC & MIRACLES in the MESS-- trying to find the good during unemployment.
1) A big bag of delicious apples and a very nice note arriving on our doorstep.
2) A second phone interview for one place and another phone interview for another place to be scheduled for next week.
3)The nurse that was required to visit in order for us to keep the kids on medicaid had raised 8 kids and was very, very kind.
4) Sister coming to visit next week and the kids are super excited. (Amber)
5) Sister in law taking Ruth driving for an hour every week. ( Thank you so much Marie)
6)Sitting with John on the couch every morning discussing the scriptures.
7) A couple of awesome opportunities for me-- getting to see a special showing of "Meet the Mormons" and Getting sit in the media room for Sunday General Conference Sessions in a week.
Fourth Post:
MAGIC & MIRACLE in the MESS: Finding the good during unemployment.
1) A job falling through, making us sad, but helping us remember the the Lord knows best and is very likely protecting us from a job that would not be the best place for our family.
2) Blessing our sweet little baby daughter.
3) My sister visiting and my little boys in Aunt Amber heaven.
4) Lots of opportunities to volunteer and give back.
5) Parent/teacher conferences and all of my children are succeeding. And most especially all of my children are very well behaved.
6) Being able to attend the temple each week. It sure helps with hope and faith.
Fifth Post:
MAGIC & MIRACLE in the MESS: Finding the good during unemployment.
1)Some days I just have a hard time. I am glad that it is not everyday and that I can still be positive.
2) I went to open the car door after doing some grocery shopping and there was a $20 under the handle. The person who put it there was a stranger and could not have possibly known how much it would mean to us. Thank you, kind stranger.
3)Attending the Temple and General Conference.
4)Things may not be how we want them right now, but a good marriage and a crowd of loving, supportive, forgiving, smart, good children make everything a whole lot better.

2 comments:
Oh what lovely tender mercies; I loved them all. I think this is such an awesome idea to write these out for future reference. You are blessed and he will get a job. I do believe God has a wonderful plan for your sweet family.
Blessings and prayers for you all!
My husband's our Ward Employment Specialist and when I told him your hubs was looking for a Software job, he suggested he look here...
http://www.healthwise.org/jobs.aspx
Boise is a great place to raise a family. :)
Post a Comment