Monday, October 20, 2014

This Week at Our House # 42



  1. It was a pretty quiet and relaxing week. John's gotten into a routine of helping around the house and helping with the kids homework and such. While I'll be relieved and totally and completely happy when he gets a job, I will miss him too.
  2. I had my 39th birthday on Tuesday, got a lot of junk food and gained 2 pounds.We had fall break this week. All of the kids had Thursday and Friday off. We laid around, watched movies, played video games, did homework, and caught up on some much needed sleep. 
  3. Ruth asked a guy out for the Halloween Dance. Instead of doing something big, she just went up to him and asked. She said that she liked that better. Now she has a date and a big group of friends to go with. They are dressing up in 50's styles, and eating out at an old 50's style hamburger place. I think she will have a lot of fun.
  4. Kate had to read more than 200 pages of an anti-Christian book for school over break. She is done now and quite relieved.
  5. Johnny played video games for 2 days straight. And he had no homework. I have no idea how he manages to do that. He even takes some pretty hard and busy classes.
  6. Adam worked real hard, like 4 hours writing his book report. Writing was hard for Johnny at the same age.
  7. On Saturday, we went to Rachel's favorite cousin, Ada's birthday party. Rachel was so excited about it. She will really miss Ada if we have to move.
  8. Anya is addicted to computer games. She spent her vacation on the computer as much as her siblings and I would allow. I think it is good for her that I generally have a pretty strict gaming rule.
  9. Joseph seems to actually like doing his homework. Instead of me reminding him about it, he reminds me. 
  10. Joshua seems to finally be mostly potty trained. He has not pooped his pants since Aug 20-something, and he doesn't pee his pants all the way. He pees and little and then runs to the bathroom. He is also finally telling us when he needs to go or just going.
  11. I brought the potty chair out again and Arwen saw it and went and put on a pair of Joshua's underwear. I haven't started her yet, but I think she is ready to try this out.
  12. Susan is all smiles and coos and just such a sweetie. She likes to lie on the floor on her stomach with a book standing open in front of her. She doesn't seem to care much for toys, but she loves pictures. And until today that was going pretty well. Today she learned to grab the book and put it in her mouth.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

I am so happy you had a few days to relax and I hope your birthday was wonderful.
I think you will always be grateful that you are doing these family updates. I love to read how the children are doing.
Thanks for sharing your family with us.
Blessings for you all and especially a job for your husband soon.