- John had a pretty normal week. He worked from home Thursday so I could spend the day at the Capitol and Friday because we had sick kids.
- I have been doing a lot of political stuff-- mostly from home. This week I wrote a blog post and sent out 2 big emails that take about 2 hours to load into the infusionsoft editor as well as spend a day a the Capitol with the interns. (Who by the way are awesome!! The younger generation is on fire. They are inspiring, energetic, good, and wise.)
- Ruth had her friends over for movies Saturday night. She has a great group of friends this year. Ruth will be going on her first date on her 16th birthday. There happens to be a girl's choice dance and Ruth and all of her friends are each asking a guy and going on a big group date. Ruth plans to ask someone this week.
- Kate had less than her usual mounds of homework this week because she had tests. Kate had a fun time hanging out with Ruth's friends Saturday night.
- Johnny sort of spent the week working on 2 big school projects. I told him everyday for 7 days in a row to to get started on his English project. He never even started. He just gave me lame excuses. Saturday, I said no more excuses, so he kept sneaking off to play while I was not looking. Finally, after 9pm on Saturday night he got to work on it. It is almost finished and he did finish his other big project.
- Adam spent 7 hours writing his book report on Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. I typed it up for him when he finished. After 7 hours of work, Adam had less than one page typed. Whew!!! Homework with boys is tough!
- Rachel had her last week off from school, but she got the stomach flu and will have to stay home from school tomorrow. We did take one day to go to City Creek Mall and Temple Square with my sister, Monika and her daughter, Sadie. I was glad to get in just a couple of fun things with Rachel while she was on break.
- Anya and Rachel will be pretty sad this next week. Their best friends and the neighbors that lived across the street from us have moved. They had a little girl Rachel's age and a little girl Anya's age. It's always sad when friends move. I know Anya will have a hard time.
- I have been making Joseph sit and talk to me while I clean. Just that much time alone with me each day really helps his behavior. I have officially decided that I am going to send him to kindergarten next school year. He has a late July birthday, so he will be one of the youngest in his class. He is ready academically, but I have been worried about his ability to sit still. After much prayer, I decided that the half day of structure with a teacher is what he needs to get those skills instead of me nagging him at home.
- Josh was sick a couple of days this week, so his trains and cars were left neatly in their bins while he just laid around and watched movies. Once Josh was better, he spent a lot of time on puzzles. He can put together 60 piece puzzles by himself. I love watching my little ones working hard and concentrating on something.
- Arwen follows me around all day long. She hangs onto my legs while I cook and wash dishes.
- I have felt baby Susan moving around a lot everyday. I am much bigger and showing plenty. There is no more hiding the fact that I am pregnant. I am 5 months along, still feeling plenty exhausted, but otherwise quite healthy.
This Week's Pictures
3 comments:
I think you were the answer to one of my many prayers for one of my little boys. I always shoe my kids away while cleaning, and then get bad behavior later for lack of positive attention, but why not have quality time with them while I do it?! Thanks for sharing!!! I'm definitely going to try this.
And I'm now horrified about homework with all my boys.... Haha!
Love it! I know everything is going well, busy but well. We'll have to come visit sometime soon... probably in two or three weeks. Now's a little crazy.
I love all the cute pictures of the children on temple square. You have such a lovely family. I think it is so fun that you have your first daughter ready for her first date. I seriously don't know how you do it all and still work on your political things. You are amazing.
Blessings for you!
Post a Comment