- I am late this week because I have been sicker the last 5 days than I have ever been in my life. We had a normal week up until Thursday night when I got sick. John has been taking care of me and the kids and the house ever since.
- I have no real idea what is wrong with me. Thursday night I had a lot of hard, extra early contractions. I woke up Friday morning feeling fine. By Friday night I was in a lot of pain from contractions and had a high fever. The contractions stopped, but I have been very sick with an awful pain in my left side, a high fever, coughing, sinus infection???, gastrointestinol crud, and just plain misery. We've wondered if I am passing a kidney stone, but we have not gone to a doctor because there is not much a doctor can do for a pregnant woman and our health insurance costs so much and covers so little we just cannot afford to. Anyway, I am miserable and cannot wait to be well again.
- Ruth asked a guy to a girl's choice dance that is being held on her 16th birthday. But the boy she asked won't be 16 in time. She doesn't know anyone else to ask, so she is probably not going. I think we will need to throw a big friends party for her on Friday.
- Kate spent the week on homework of course. She had a birthday party from a homeschool friend on Saturday and enjoyed that. The end of term is this Friday and it looks like Kate will be keeping her very high 3.96 gpa.
- Johnny's been making lots of fun lego creations with the younger kids. He's a good older brother. He has also been helping a lot while I've been so sick as well as spending a service day with the young men Saturday morning.
- Adam is doing just fine. He's been good about getting his homework done and helping around the house.
- Rachel was back to school. She has the best 2nd grade teacher. Rachel likes everything about school except homework. She has had lots to tells us about all of her friends and activities since she has been back in.
- Anya and Joseph play together all the time. It is cute to see how close they are and how much fun they have together. On Saturday, Anya came to me crying and telling me that she did not have enough people to play with. She already had Adam and Joseph playing with her. That's just one of those "you know you have a big family when..." things.
- Joseph likes music playing in the house. Before I got sick, I kept music on for him fairly regularly. That can be a bit of a task in our family, because someone is always playing with the various cords. While I was choosing some music for Joseph, he said, "Mommy, Beethoven is my favorite writer."
- Josh has been in love with puzzles. He will sit in front of the fire for about 2 hours every morning, working on puzzles. I love seeing my little ones concentrate on something like that for such a long period of time.
- My mom bought Arwen a new wardrobe and mailed it out. Arwen delighted in all of her new clothes.
- Despite how ill I have been, baby Susan has been hanging in there just fine and moving all around. I am 25 weeks pregnant now. I am almost to the last trimester.
Tuesday, March 11, 2014
This Week at Our House # 10
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
If you aren't feeling better in the morning please call your OB. Your sweet baby depends on your body working properly. Please- for me, call. In the meantime I'll be worrying and praying.
I my gosh, I do hope you are getting better. From my nurse background; I hope you went into see your OB. My husband has a kidney stone right now and hasn't passed it yet. His pain comes and goes. I also am wondering if you have the flu. Did you get a flu shot. Anyway, I think it is great that your children are helping a lot while you are sick.
I am sad that your daughter may not get to go to the dance. Just know you are in my prayers and I am concerned about you.
Blessings, prayers and hugs for you!
Post a Comment