Thursday, December 12, 2013

This Week at Our House # 47 Coming Late



  1. We had our first real snow storm and John's usual 20 minute commute turned into a 1hr 45 min commute. He worked at home the next day.
  2. I managed to make it through the first week of serious winter weather. I do not like winter weather. I do prefer snow over the brown freezing cold, but really, I would be totally happy if the highs never got below 40. I like the cool down and the fall. I just can't stand the frigid winter temperatures. We enjoyed our first week of celebrating Christmas by reading the prophecies of Christ's birth through out the Bible and Book of Mormon, singing carols almost nightly together and reading lots of fun Christmas stories. I love this part of winter!
  3. Ruth had some friend drama during the week that managed to cure itself late Friday night when Ruth and her friends all hung out together and forgot the drama. Ruth has pretty much had a party or a friend hang out every Friday night since Halloween. 
  4. Kate had lots more homework and a science fair project and, and, and I think we are both looking forward to 9th grade ending for her. She has way too much work.
  5. Johnny was sick with a high fever for a couple of days. We think he had a pretty bad sinus infection because the fever dropped as we got him taking some anti-histimines. 
  6. Adam is really our in between child. He is in that 3 year gap spot, but still Johnny's best friend and companion. He tries so hard to be a big kid, but sometimes, he just gets too tired trying to do all the things the big kids do.
  7. Rachel is my little Christmas girl. She just loves all things Christmas and no matter how cynical her unbelieving older sister is, Rachel believes in Santa Claus. 
  8. Anya had a rough week with a lot of tears and fighting with her siblings. I think she is just excited for Christmas.
  9. Joseph loves "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" and I love reading it to him. 
  10. We moved the toys upstairs to make room for the Christmas tree and Josh for the first time is getting into everything. He needs his toys!
  11. Arwen has become quite the little climber. She has even climbed up onto the kitchen sink. All day long, I am putting Arwen back on the floor. She was really cute playing out in the snow for the first time in her life too. 
This Week's Pictures


Josh would not put on a coat or anything other than clothes, socks, and one big glove. He has since changed his mind.



Candy bar trains are fun and edible



2 comments:

rozanny said...

Evelyn was my little climber! She's calmed down since she broke her arm though... phew.

Rachel Keppner said...

Move here to Arizona! ;-) Rarely gets below 40, and only once or twice a year at night in the winter...

(Okay, let's not talk about July. Or August. Or September. Or...)

Arizona would love you! :-D

Hugs,
Rachel