Sunday, September 1, 2013

This Week at Our House #32



  1. Life's been rough. The fan on the furnace quit and we have not been able to run our a/c. The temperature got around 100 a few days this week. The hot house along with the broken van, a broken wii, no job, and a few other things have made it extra tough for John. He's been mopey. The kids have asked what is wrong with dad. I think he's just over burdened and really sweaty. On a bright note, he had another job interview this week, and he has two more this coming week. 
  2. I am in the same boat with John feeling the weight of our situation very heavy. Even if John had a job a broken van, furnace, and wii would still be stressful. I keep thinking about D&C 121. It says, "If thou will endure it well..." Endure it well is not the same thing as to endure. Everyone who does not take their own life endures. I hope I am enduring it well. I try and I know John tries very hard to endure cheerfully. I hope we are doing okay. I started to get used to the school schedule this week. I still miss the lazy care-free, schedule free days of summer.
  3. Ruth started at Bountiful High. She's loving it. She likes pretty much all of her classes. She has more friends. She is cheerful and looking forward to a good year.
  4. Kate's having a tough time transitioning from home school to public school. She's had hours of homework each night and misses her family time. I think she is trying to make friends and enjoy her classes and teachers. But she will have to try and look for the positive.
  5. Johnny has transitioned very well. He's doing great.He's getting good scores on his quizzes. He likes his classes and he is making friends fairly easily. He does not have much homework, but when he does, he does it right away. I haven't had to nag him at all.
  6. Adam has been a bit tired and grumpy during the transition from lazy summer to school schedule. He has had very little homework. He likes his 3rd grade teacher, but misses his 2nd grade teacher.
  7. Rachel had a rough week. She does not like being the only school kid on vacation. She's had to do a whole lot of chores all week because she's been fighting with everyone. 
  8. Anya loves kindergarten. On Friday, she excitedly told me that she has 5 friends now.
  9. Joseph wrote his name for the first time. I've been having him practice his letters and he finally got it. The small e has been hard for him to write. I made him practice 100 of them. After that, he wrote his name.
  10. Josh has had a bad cold and now has a double eye infection. Poor little guy. His cousin gave him some train and car underwear. He loves them. I think we might try them out. I think I am going to begin potty training Josh.
  11. Arwen eats now. She doesn't seem to be afraid of food anymore and eats a variety of things. She really enjoyed salmon tonight.

This Week's Pictures

My sweaty kids from no a/c





My sweaty husband


Ruth got her hair cut. This is the shortest it's been since she was 3. I think it looks great!

3 comments:

rozanny said...

Ruth's hair does look great... and we love you guys.

Bethany said...

We have been there with the A/C. Not fun. I hope all goes well for you all!

LeAnn said...

I can't even imagine no A/C. I do remember that as a teenager we lived in Rose Park and we didn't have air conditioning. It at least cooled off a bit at night.
I am praying that you husband gets one of the jobs he is interviewing for.
The pictures were sweet. Hang in there things will get better.
Prayers and blessing for you all!