- John submitted his book in to be published, and this is the first week we have given any serious thought to applying for jobs outside of a reasonable commute time.
- Monday, we went to a family home evening dinner with a bunch of my good Facebook friends. They are all so lovely, I am glad to be a part of such a great group of women with great families. Late Wednesday night, I went to the airport with Ruth, Kate, Rachel, Anya, and Arwen to catch a redeye to Maine. I did not sleep more than 5 minutes on the plane. But it was alright. We had such a nice time the next day seeing my family. This is the first time my family has gotten altogether for any amount of time since before I got married. On Saturday, we drove to the Boston Temple for my older sister, Lila to take out her endowments. I got to be in the Temple with all 5 of my siblings and my parents. It was a beautiful thing. We have enjoyed being in Maine with all my family. My daughters are having a great time. The boys are boy bonding back in SLC. My family is very diverse. We have married with lots of kids (me), married with no kids, married for just a short time, married for a long time, never married, divorced, divorced with kids, been in the army... and the list of diverse life events goes on. But we were altogether in the the Temple. Despite our differences, the gospel has brought the way we live together. There are definitely politics that happen with such a diverse group, but with the gospel we have been making it all work. I think it is good that my siblings have finally come altogether.
- Ruth has been having a lovely time in Maine. She has lots to talk about and keeps my sisters pretty entertained with her little teenage life. Ruth and Kate babysat my 3 daughters and my sister Monika's daughter, Sadie outside the temple for 3 hours. I think they did a good job.
- Since we are sleeping in the TV room, Ruth and Kate have been on a" until after midnight Dr. Who Marathon" every single night at Grandma's. My siblings all go to bed early. Robertson's are just night owls. So we stay up watching TV after everyone else has long gone to bed. Kate's most exciting thing to do so far was to have some fresh sea food. I love that my kids love sea food. I feel like I have passed on a little of my Maine heritage with that.
- Johnny has really stepped up to the plate since I have been gone. He's gotten the boys up and fed every morning. He's taken good care of Joseph of Josh. He's helping John. He's keeping up with the laundry. It's like, Ruth and Kate left, so Johnny grew up. I am very proud of my big boy! Before I left, I got Johnny's school schedule all together. He tested at an 8th to 9th grade level in everything and he is only 11. I can't believe he is going to be starting the 8th grade a month before he turns 12, but I know that is where he is supposed to be and where God wants him. Schooling issues with Johnny has really helped me to discern promptings and whisperings from the Holy Ghost.
- As far as I know. Adam is doing okay. He cried for about an hour the first day I was gone. (It is hard leaving your kids. This is the first time I have done it for any length of time.) I have skyped with him and talked to him on the phone. I will be glad to see my little guy again.
- Background: My sister Monika divorced 2 years ago after her daughter, Sadie was born. She lives with my parents and her 2 children. A couple years after the divorce, both of Monika's kids were diagnosed with autism. Her son, Tommy is severe, her daughter, Sadie, while definitely autistic is on the high end of the spectrum. Rachel is 3 years older than Sadie. She understands about autism. She has taken Sadie under her wings. She plays with Sadie and sets up games and includes her in everything. She is kind and compassionate and even pretty gentle. Since Rachel has been here with Sadie, Sadie has changed. The first day, anyone could see the autism in Sadie. By the second day, Sadie mostly seemed like an average 4 year old. I feel like I have seen a whole new side of Rachel that I did not know existed. I am proud of who she is. Rachel can see through the autism and senses that Tommy and Sadie are little angels.
- Anya has been a good girl for the most part, but she treats Sadie about the way she treats everyone her age. She has had little tiffs over toys and such. Anya has been desperate to play at the beach. We have seen the ocean and put our feet in some, and finally today is the day that she will get her full day at the beach.
- Joseph has finally shown John that he is not just a cute, fun-loving kid. John has always thought that I am too hard on Joseph and that he is not at all an angel of destruction. Now John knows. But Joseph has actually grown out of the worst it, so John has only seen a fraction of what I have had to deal with the last year. Joseph taken as a whole is a very smart, fun-loving stinker!
- Josh has had a few sad days. We are pretty sure he thinks mom and his sisters are never coming home. I cannot wait to get back and cuddle my sweet little blondie.
- Arwen is as adorable as ever. She did great on the plane ride, although made sure I got no sleep at all. She likes my dad and Lila, but has not warmed up to my mom. Hopefully that will change before we leave in a couple more days.
This Week's Pictures
| At the SLC airport reading waiting to go |
| My sister Lila with Sadie in the rain on my Grandparent's grave |
| My sister Amber is finding that she is a talented photographer. She is selling her photos! |
| Out to eat at the place we always ordered pizza growing up. |
| portraits at the Boston Temple |
| Babysitting at the Boston Temple |
| At the Fort Williams Light House, Cape Elizabeth, ME |
| Tommy and Grandpa |
| Monika and Sadie |
| Grandma and all of her grandaughters |
| Rachel and little Sadie |
| the little girls |
| I don't know why Arwen doesn't like my Mom, but she won't let her hold her. |
2 comments:
I'm so glad that you girls all got to go! I almost cried! Being in the temple with all my brothers and sisters is my favorite thing ever too!
I think it is awesome you were able to go and be with your family for this important moments. I can relate to how your mother feels having you all in the temple. We had that for one moment.
I loved the update and I am happy John has his book ready to go.
It's amazing how children easily step up to the plate when you need them too.
I loved the pictures.
Blessings!
Post a Comment