- Heard nothing on the job front. John spent all week editing his book.We made it to the Parkinson family reunion for the first time in 16 years. We had a good time meeting a bunch of relatives that live closer to us than we knew.
- Since John has been out of work, we have been incurable night owls. I hardly get to bed before 2am. This is stupid enough, I am semi-looking forward to school starting to force me into a better schedule.
- Ruth had a relaxing week. She is looking forward to going to Maine this coming week, girls camp the day she gets back from Maine, and starting 10th grade at Bountiful High the week after. I feel like summer is on fast forward now.
- Kate had a quiet week too. She does not get to go to Maine. I feel bad about that, but there is nothing I can do. When people ask Kate why she doesn't get to go to Maine too, she starts singing, "Cinderella, Cinderella...". BREAKING NEWS: Kate is going to Maine too.
- Johnny had to get his booster shots for junior high this week. At first, he seemd calm, but then he flipped out and we had to hold him down. Once he got the first shot, he said, "Oh, that didn't hurt." Then he was okay for the second. Ugh, I knew he would have a hard time. He was embarrassed as we left.
- Adam had tons of fun at the family reunion with his third cousins. They irrigated the lawn while we were there, which means they flood it. The kids had tons of fun with that. Adam has decided to learn to play the piano. He's practiced several times a day everyday since he decided that he wanted to learn. He's pretty good too.
- Rachel swam all day long at the family reunion. She's learned to swim pretty well and is much more confidant in the pool. I can let her swim without adults around now, even though she cannot touch the bottom. Rachel has also been learning the piano. She is doing well too. Rachel is enjoying the second grade and making some new friends.
- Anya had her kindergarten physical this week. She may need to get glasses to see distance.
- Joseph enjoyed spending his birthday money on some new Hero Factory Bionicles and a Monsters Inc. 2 metal water bottle. He fills his water bottle up a few times a day and carries it around with him.
- Josh has learned to open doors. That has been interesting. He is now the first kid up in the mornings. He often gets sippy cups and toss them at me demanding chocolate milk.
- Arwen's still our cutest little thing. She plays happily all day long. She has learned to crawl down the stairs, so she can pretty much go anywhere she wants to. Sometimes we lose track of her because she just quietly crawls off to play with something else.
Sunday, August 4, 2013
This Week at Our House # 28
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What some awesome summer family pictures. You always make your updates interesting.
I keep hoping and praying that you husband gets a job soon. I now that is stressful. He will find something soon; I am sure.
Blessings to all!
Loved seeing you guys!
I know that this is late, but I loved your post on being kind and have thought about it so much. we even had a family home evening lesson on it and I have found myself often refering to the "be kind" lesson as unkindness has popped up!
Post a Comment