Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Monday Management: Chocolate Chip Cookies

Homemade cookies are one of my families favorites. The kids love coming home from school to a plate of hot cookies. I have been developing my recipe for years. At last, I think it is perfect,

Here's what I do:

1/2 C butter
3/4 C sugar
3/4 C brown sugar

Mix together until it is smooth
add:

2 large eggs

Mix
add:

1 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp pure vanilla extract

Mix
add:

2 C all purpose flour
1 1/4 C semi-sweet chocolate chips.

Bake at 350 for 9 minutes.

You can use regular salt and imitation vanilla and shortening instead of butter. But the butter, the sea salt, and the pure vanilla extract enhance the flavor nicely. It takes me about 10 minutes to mix these up by hand. I can always just mix up some cookie dough in short notice when the kids are hungry and we are out of other quick snacks.

Our other favorite homemade cookies are: Big, Soft Ginger Cookies, Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies, Jammie Dodgers, and No Bake chocolate cookies.

2 comments:

rozanny said...

Yum! Thanks! Your cookies are the best. They're definitely Jer's favorite.

Jeremy said...

I do like these. I got home from work, and Rosanne told me what she was making...

It was a happy, happy time.