I am sad for the nation I love.
I am sad that in this election the majority of the people chose immorality. For the first time in history gay marriage is legalized in 2 and probably 3 states by the voice of the people.
I am sad that the majority of the people chose a president who vocally supports gay marriage and unfettered abortion. President Obama's abortion record is abominable.
I am sad because Mitt Romney is a good man. He worked well with others. He listened to what people had to say and he compromised. He would have given us at least 4 years of peace and prosperity. I will miss hearing him.
I am sad because I know from my friends that chose Obama chose him because of his views on gay marriage and abortion. They would have picked Mitt Romney for the economy.
In Mosiah 29: 26-27 it says:
26 Now it is not common that the voice of the people desireth anything contrary to that which is right; but it is common for the lesser part of the people
to desire that which is not right; therefore this shall ye observe and
make it your law—to do your business by the voice of the people.
27 And if
the time comes that the voice of the people doth choose iniquity, then
is the time that the judgments of God will come upon you; yea, then is
the time he will visit you with great destruction even as he has
hitherto visited this land.
"The voice of the people doth choose iniquity."
Thinking this all over, I have found one bit of comfort. After Obama received his 270+ electoral votes, the first presidency of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints issued a statement congratulating Obama. I am not good. I did not feel congratulatory AT ALL!!!
After having a day plus to think things over. I realized something important. The First Presidency has asked us to do something. They said:
It is a long tradition among Latter-day Saints to pray for our national
leaders in our personal prayers and in our congregations. We invite
Americans everywhere, whatever their political persuasion, to pray for
the President, for his administration and the new Congress as they lead
us through difficult and turbulent times.
Today, I realized that if all of us took this counsel to pray for the president and his administration that would help. Prayer can help a lot! I have witnessed the power of prayer, particularly when a great number of people are praying for the same thing . I am going to take the counsel of our prophet, seer, and revelator and pray and pray for President Obama.
The nation I love- the people I love need faith and prayers more than anything else right now.
Today I am going to stop being sad and press forward with faith. I will continue to stand up for morality in our laws and convince other people to do so too and then I will pray for President Obama to make good choices for America.

No comments:
Post a Comment