Saturday, November 10, 2012

Dinner Menu


This is a nerdy thing to do, but I have been terrible about family dinner and need to fix it. It gets to 7pm and I am scrambling to figure out what to make. It is ridiculous!!!!! We hardly ever eat before 8pm. My family needs better and it is time for me to start delivering. Soooo, I am making a daily menu-- blahhhh-- most nights, I won't feel like eating what I write down now. I am hoping that if I start dinner prep in the mornings, I will just be happy it is ready by the time evening comes and it won't matter what I am craving. Here is the menu for the nest two weeks. Wish me luck. This is a weak point in my life right now.

  • Saturday, Nov 10 pork chops on squash and broccoli (easy just put in the oven 1.5 hours before dinner)
  • Sunday, Nov 11 pumpkin pie (if pancakes are acceptable so should pumpkin pie)
  • Monday, Nov 12 taco salad
  • Tuesday, Nov 13  new recipe day: sausage potato and kale soup http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2011/10/sausage-potato-and-kale-soup/ 
  • Wednesday, Nov 14 buttermilk pancakes and berries
  • Thursday, Nov 15 roast beef and yorkshire pudding, baked sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, and green beans
  • Friday, Nov 16 mexican rice and refried beans
  • Saturday, Nov 17 homemade build your own calzones
  • Sunday, Nov 18 cinnamon rolls, fruit salad and milk
  • Monday, Nov 19 lasagna
  • Tuesday, Nov 20 bean burritos
  • Wednesday, Nov 21poached eggs on toast
  • Thursday, Nov 22 Thanksgiving dinner
  • Friday, Nov 23 Thanksgiving left overs
Now it is time to grocery shop for the next two weeks. Did I say feeding a family of 11 is hard??????? I hope this helps me. At least I will know where to look for what is for dinner.

4 comments:

Lissa said...

I hate coming up with meal plans everyday. What I found works for us is I let Amber and Jade each choose a meal. Whatever day David will be home for dinner is left blank in case he wants to choose or we end up going out. So then I only have to come up with 4 meals instead of 7. Much easier! Can't wait till Paisley is a little older and stops choosing chicken nuggets everytime I ask her what she wants to eat. lol

LeAnn said...

I have a daughter just like you. She seldom gets the dinner on until around 8 pm. I am impressed with your menu. I can't even imagine cooking for 11; I thought 8 was too much. Now there is just two of us so it is very simple. Also, I can't imagine grocery shopping for it all. I do find Crock pot dishes make life easier.
Just keep enjoying those moments.
Blessings!

Daughter of Eve said...

I know how you feel...the one thing about big families is making leftovers so you can have a leftover night...although that did not always go well.

Em said...

I HAVE to make a menu each week. It is my Sunday night chore. I sit down, plan out the weeks dinners and complete shopping list. Then Monday is shopping day. I love crockpot dinners, they are the best. I also love things I can make in the morning...like black bean corn salsa (add chicken to make it a meal), then it is all done come dinner time. And it is super healthy. Win win. I do keep a few frozen meals on hand for those nights that are just too crazy. THen I don't have to go spend a ton of money going out to dinner. Oh and Friday night is always always pizza night, and Sunday is always bfast for dinner so that makes 2 nights I don't have to come up with something. But I think if I had to constantly feed 11 people we would be eating a lot of spaghetti & meatballs. ;)