"Sighed Mayzie a lazy bird hatching an egg, 'I'm tired, and I'm bored, and there're kinks in my legs from sitting, just sitting here day after day.'"
I really, really, really HATE the eighth month of pregnancy. People ask me, "How are you doing?", and I answer, "Good", "Great" or "Just Fine." Then people say, "You are just amazing." That is absolutely not true!! Just ask my husband. But when people ask me, "How are you doing?" I am sure they do not want me to say:
I have really bad heart burn all of the time.
I have cramps in my legs that do not go away.
I have to wear a maxie pad at all times lest I sneeze, take too large a step, or just leak from standing up.
I cannot sleep very well because when I lie down my back and my hips hurt.
It is really hard to walk after I do get out of bed.
I can't roll over in bed without getting out of bed first.
Getting out of bed is quite the challenge.
I need about a 10 foot diameter to stand up from off the floor. (Of course my kids need me to sit on the floor with them.)
I have hemroids.
I am ALWAYS tired, but trying to get more rest hurts.
I am often thirsty or hungry but drinking makes me pee my pants and eating gives me heart burn.
If I don't eat and drink, I am dizzy and sick and that is worse than peeing my pants and having heart burn.
I am emotional and ridiculous things make me cry or angry. (My poor, poor husband.)
I am emotional and ridiculous things make me cry or angry. (My poor, poor husband.)
So over the next 31 or so days when people ask, "How are you doing?" I will continue to say, "good," "great," or "just fine, thank you very much." But really like Mayzie the lazy bird, I am thinking, "...If I can find some one to sit on my nest..."
7 comments:
Ugh. I'm so sorry you're feeling miserable! I'm sure it's the last thing you want to hear - but I'm surprised you're that far along! Your pregnancy went really fast for me! :)
My mom swears that the only reason for the last month of pregnancy (or 6 weeks really...) is so you're willing to go through labor to get that thing out of you. I hope this last month goes fast.
Diane! I am so sorry! I don't know what else to say, other than I feel like a dunce now because I am one of those who asks you how you are doing.
I love what Amy's mom says about the last bit of pregnancy, and I second the notion of a fast month!
Deedee....oh how I STILL remember those feelings, minus the sitting on the floor...honestly with babies weighing between 10 - 14 pounds at birth made it pretty imposible to even find the floor other than with my feet! I am sure you have tried all the remedies for heart burn you know about milk and tums...the weak bladder is the worse...I always hated that....by the 8th month I too had to get out of bed to roll over...I actually packed myself in pillows to take the weight off my back ... the only good part is that YOU know that it does not go on forever(although there are times you are not so sure) this baby will come out one way or another!!!! I love you sweetie and want to thank you for doing what I could not finish...although I don't think you will have 12 like dad and I wanted...I don't really see you as amazing more like a Hand-maiden of the Lord..... a good wife and mother and a good daughter.....hang in there sweetie the END IS NEAR! LOVEYA MOM XOXX hugs and kisses and a back rub
I think it's interesting how the ones who have an easier time Getting pregnant have a harder time Being prego while the ones who have a hard time Getting pregnant sometimes have easier pregnancies. I know there's people who live outside these rules of mine (haha) but that just seems to be the case for the people I know. If it was possible, I'd totally be your Horton! =)
I have to admit, I laughed reading this. Not out of laughing at you, but what woman can't somewhat relate to this post? I often wonder why ANYONE who has ever given birth even asks a pregnant woman how they are feeling? They obviously don't remember! Good luck in making it though that last part of uncomfortable!
I agree... the last month is the worst... I hope it goes quick!
Oh, that made me laugh!!! Only because I understand... well only to a certain point... I only have 5 kids so far... but that is sooo true and i love that you wrote it all out!!! Hope all is "just fine" for you and your family. Can't wait to hear details about the baby!
Post a Comment