Friday, November 26, 2010

Our Happy Thanksgiving

Picture of Good Eats Roast Turkey Recipe
We had a very nice, easy going Thanksgiving this year at John's parents house with  a lot of siblings and cousins. One might think with all of the people and small children, Thanksgiving would have been crazy and loud and messy. But it was not. We fed all of the small children first, put on a movie, and had a nice chance to relax, eat and converse. The clean up didn't even seem so difficult with lots of hands to help. And the amazing part of it all-- no one spilled anything. No food or drink ever met the floor. My lonely, reclusive brother, Seth came and I think he even enjoyed himself somewhat.

We stayed late, arriving home just before 2am. Today, just like Wednesday, we hung around the house playing games, reading and watching movies. This break from school has been a much needed happy relaxing break. It is one of those times where I am very glad I did not schedule us with lots of things to do.

So in celebration of Thanksgiving I would like to list a few things that I am thankful for today.

1. The Pilgrims who suffered and sacrificed much to build a new and free place to worship God as they pleased. What a great foundation for a nation!
2. My nice home with the cozy fireplace and big family room.
3.The fact that we will not have to repair our cars again for a few more months.
4.My big girls who are fun to hang out and chat with.
5.Anya telling me she loves me.
6.The clever way Joseph gets into EVERYTHING
7. The fact that Rachel seems to picking up her alphabet easily and speedily.
8.Johnny hiding out reading all day.
9.The Christmas bat Adam drew for me and hung up beside my bed.
10. A husband who loves and adores me and thinks I am pretty no matter how fat, pregnant, and splotchy I look.
11.My religion that helps me know what is good, and my Savior, Jesus Christ, who lifts me up and supports me in every part of my life.

2 comments:

rozanny said...

You're amazing and it was a fun Thanksgiving!

Fruitful Harvest said...

Happy Thanksgiving!

Peace and Prayers,
Georgiann from THE GARDEN GATE (blog)