Little Kid Stories
Anya Versus the Spider
Anya found a little black spider in the hallway outside my bedroom door. She went into my room, grabbed a glass water cup that I had left on my bedside table, and put it over the top of the spider. Then Anya ran into my room, closed the door and declared, "Now, the spider can't get me!"
Snoring
On the weekend mornings, I will let the kids come into bed with John and I if I don't feel like getting up when the kids do. John is always conveniently still asleep. (He never seems to hear the kids?) So Anya and Rachel were laying in bed gabbing sweetly with me when Rachel said, "Dad is like a pig when he sleeps." It took me a minute to process her meaning, but when I figured it out, I laughed a lot and out loud. Anya started to laugh too, and then made fake snoring noises and said, "Dad sounds like a pig!" Those noises actually did wake John up.
Everyone Versus Adam's Spider
Adam took a plastic Halloween spider and put a small amount of the left over fuzz from Halloween spider web onto the spider. Then he put the spider in a dark corner and yelled, "It's an emergency, It's an emergency." Johnny and Ruth went over and stared wide eyed at the big, hairy spider in the corner. John came over to see the problem. At first, John thought it was a real spider. He bent down to look at it a little closer, and then turned on the light to see it even better. John said, "Adam, I think it might be a plastic spider." Adam reached down to touch it. John, not being sure, yelled at Adam to stop. Adam picked the plastic spider up and laughed triumphantly!
Pre-Teen Stories
Ruth
Two weeks ago, Ruth had a bad week. On Monday, Ruth came home from school crying because all of her friends were ignoring her and her friend Lizzy wouldn't talk to her on the bus. Being pregnant and feeling awful for her, I cried too. On Tuesday, Ruth came home crying again. I asked her if things were getting worse with her friends. Ruth said, "No. That is all better now. We are good friends." Feeling a bit stunned, I asked why she was crying then. Ruth explained that the bus driver gave her a warning because she yelled hello out the bus window to her friends. (Ahhh, it is the age, I thought.) On Wednesday, Rachel said, "Do you think Ruth will cry again today?" She did not. But on Thursday night Ruth came home from Young Woman's volley ball crying because she felt like she had not gotten enough play time in during the game.
Kate
Kate and Ruth came down the stairs. Kate was obviously upset. John asked her what was wrong. Kate, in a rather indignant tone declared that Ruth said she was angry when she really wasn't. John then said, "Tell me if I have this right? You are angry because some one asked you if you were angry when you were not angry?"
3 comments:
Aww I can't wait to have kids old enough to pull this kind of stuff. :) I'm with Adam, I'd be laughing triumphantly! :D
Pre-teenagers can be a little emotional, yes? =)
I love family life and you shared a glimpse of some worth recording moments. It brought a memory or two back to my mind. Thanks for sharing the conversations.
If you get a moment check out my lastest post on an Angel named Eliza. http://lgwilliams.blogspot.com
Blessings to you! LeAnn
Post a Comment