- We asked Johnny to get Ruth and Kate for family prayer this morning. When he came down alone, I asked him where Ruth and Kate were. He said they were "doning." (Our interpretation: a cute way to say finishing.)
- John and I took just Rachel out to Applebees for a date. When she ordered she very cutely said, "I want a corndog with ketchup and french fries." She also spent a great deal of time jumping up and down in the booth.
- We had a to buy Rachel a new pillow during the recent stomach flu episode because her pillow did not make it through the dryer. Anya, loves that pillow. She took it over immediately and guards it closely. Fortunately, Rachel likes the old pillow better. John learned that it is not going to be a sweet time putting Rachel and Anya to bed if he starts by laying Anya down on the wrong pillow.
- Joesph finally had a well baby check. He has now gotten his second set of vaccinations. The doctor seemed rather confused at how to proceed from here because he has missed so much. I think we just need to make nurse appointments instead of well baby checks. But I finally know how much he weighs etc. Jospeh is 16 lbs 14 ozs (5th%) and 27 1/2 inches tall (30%). Last check at 2 months he was 15 pounds (90%). So he is following along with his siblings after all. Just a little taller. Adam has always been a little bigger at 25% for both height and weight. Johnny's been in the 10% for heighth. So Joseph is my tallest little guy.
- Ruth, Kate, and Johnny started their new school this week. Johnny came home the first day and said, "I am the smartest in the class. I know more than everyone else." John thinks he needs to be bumped up a grade to help his pride issue. I some how doubt that will help too much. Johnny has also been running everyday because his need to be number one is pushing past academics and video games and now including sports. Johnny has to be the fastest kid too. (Although he hasn't had any trouble with asthma since he began racing.) I have to say that I admire his determination. This need to compete and be #1 is definitely a Robertson trait. In my family, we just accepted being a loser as a family trait and all energy to compete ended there.
- Ruth says that the kids in the 6th grade swear a lot here. I am sorry about that. I know it bothers her. She probably tells the teacher every time she hears swearing. She also is signing up for Jr. High next week. Poor kid. I think Jr. High was the absolute worst. I hope she can make a couple of good friends to make it through. What a hard time to have to move-- poor girl.
- Kate has finally begun to read on her own. She has read 2 books in the past five days. That is hard to believe of my stubborn non-reader. She also seems to be caring if she is competitive academically. Gone are the days of painfully making her read and do her homework. (How nice for me :)).
- I found out that one of my old roommates from Ricks College lives about a half hour from here. We are going to have her family over for dinner. It will be really fun to see her again.
- I finally got my Utah drivers license yesterday. Now all of my Kansas ties are gone except for those few good friends that I don't want to lose touch with. I guess I am officially a Utah resident in every way. That feels weird. I still feel like I don't belong here. There are a lo of things that are just foreign to me.
- Last thing: If I tell Rachel she is pretty, she corrects me and says that she is just cute. When I asked her if she was going to be cute when she grew up, she said no, "I am going to be beautiful." Funny girl!!!!!
Friday, April 23, 2010
Odds and Ends
A whole mess of unrelated things that I want to write:
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
"In my family, we just accepted being a loser as a family trait and all energy to compete ended there. "
You had my cracking up with that one!
I hope the new school works out well for all the kids.
Johnny is hillarious... and I agree... Jr. High stinks.
We are not losers Diane! I am not the only one who thinks that you are way off on that. It is something Ben would say and it mean and utterly false. Maybe being a Pardon is an embarrassment for you, but it isn't for me!
Post a Comment