Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Something I Find Funny


For several Christmas's starting the first year we had Ruth around, I had us read Christmas stories and sing Christmas songs every night between Thanksgiving and Christmas. John complained a lot about this, so two years ago I quit. This year John has been having us sing every night and he has been reading a Christmas story to the kids. He even punishes the older kids if they do not sing. He has initiated this all by himself. In fact, John even goes to the effort of gathering the entire family together and keeping the kids up later for this purpose. John also fixed our broken Christmas tree so we could have a Christmas tree this year. We are leaving Dec 18, for Seth's wedding, and not coming back until Jan, so I decided to forgo the Christmas tree. Anyway, I am pleasantly surprised and find it pretty funny that my Ba-humbug husband has taken over making Christmas nice for the kids.








4 comments:

Becca said...

that's so cute! sometimes hubby's surprise us that way, huh? I am SUPER excited for christmas, and we bought our tree on Nov. 1st (fake) just because we happened to find one we really liked. I assumed we wouldn't be setting it up for another month at least. Then on the drive home James said, "Do you want to set it up tonight?"

yeh, my tree has been up since halloween. we are awesome.

Becca said...

ps- i just read for the first time(i dont know why i've never read it before) your "answers to your first seven questions" LOVED IT. you are such a cute and good mom. I think I will end up having a big family too. But...then again...maybe I will just have two. hahaha.

Em said...

I knew it was somewhere in there! That IS funny. I am always the one that gathers the kids for the stories and songs each night too. Ben sometimes grumbles about some of our holiday activities but then when it is all over and done with he is always really glad we did it all. Funny husbands.

Shannon said...

Sometimes it can be tough to get hubby on board with traditions. Then, when you give up and stop them - that seems to be when they notice them and pick up on them and get them going again. I'm speaking from experience here :) It's easier when they're on board from the beginning, but men and women are different in a lot of ways and marriage is a great arena to discover different view points and learn and grow together.

Please give our congrats to Seth! Very exciting! Where is he living?