Friday, April 25, 2008
Night Out For Me, The Mom
Last night John had me go out by myself to get a break while he stayed home and took care of all six kids!!! That is not always easy. He played tag with them most of the time. But he astonished me by putting them to bed. That is a really nice thing to do for a mom. A friend of my with kids all my kids same ages said that she would pay some one a million dollars to put her kids to bed. It is so true. Bedtime and cooking dinner time are my two hardest times of the day. Anyway, Adam was in his bed, but he was really crying. I went in the help him settle down. I did the usual send him potty, help him say his prayers and give him a drink of water and a cookie. After I tucked him all in again Adam looked at me and asked, "Where did you go mom?" I actually parked the car at a park and did some writing. Anyway, Adam gave me a "that is not a good reason to leave me, mom" look, and said, "Did you know I was crying?' (he actually said I instead of his usual my). Well, that was just cute and sad. I hugged him and told him that I loved him. Kate also wrote me a note that said I missed you and had a drawing of her in an ocean of water and tears streaming down her face. John said that when he said that it was bedtime Adam started crying, so he gave him a cup of hot cocoa (that must be why he was up at 1:30am with a soaked bed:)). It is nice to be missed, but I only left for two hours. I am our only way of feeding Anya, so two hours is my limit. Kids are sure funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Kids are funny but you are a really good Mom. Glad you got out, and I hope you get to do it again sometime.
That's a fun story. Yeah for John giving you some time off! I should do that more with Rosanne.
I should make James read this...
haha just kidding. As I type this he is taking care of Grace for me. :o) But that is really sweet that your kids love you so much. shows what a good mom you are.
That was so nice of John! What a good husband. You really do need a break now and then...that is why I run so much I think..it is my little outlet. The days I don't run I am a grump.
I agree with the other comments though about your kids mimssing you so much. You are obviously a great mom and they really love you. Isn't it nice though to be missed by them? I am glad oyu had some time to yourself, you most definitely deserve it.
Post a Comment