I just got back from Wal-mart with all of my children. That is hard anyways but today they seemed particularly determined to run away, wrestle, drag behind, and pull everything off the shelves. Kate and Rachel kept staying behind. Rachel pulled things off shelves. Ruth tried really hard to help with Rachel while saying very loudly how we just need to tie Rachel up. Kate and Johnny kept wrestling. Kate also kept squeezing in between me and the cart and making it difficult to push the cart. Adam sat in the cart, but when I did let him out he sat on the bag turn table at the register. But, while these things were down right annoying and people certainly looked at me either like I was crazy or with pity, the frustrating thing is how much groceries have gone up in price. Everything is like 1 1/2 more than what it was 2 weeks ago. Gas has done the same thing. So I ask, how are we suppose to stay in our budget when nothing else stays priced for our budget? But I think if I announce beans and rice and no more cookies from here on out there will be mutiny in our home. It might actually be cheaper now to feed us on the McDonald's dollar menu. So I have come home from the store $45 shorter and about one meals worth of food. But since the kids were so bad I had good reason to make everyone do a chore and now the house is all cleaned up and I have not done any of it.
ps. A few Highlights: 1. Anya smiled through the whole store. 2.Ruth made sure we did not lose Rachel, and 3.Johnny really was pretty good. But Johnny still had to do a chore for picking on Ruth and Kate when we got home. Ruth had been given a chore in the car ride to the store for picking on Kate, and see above for why Kate had to do a chore.
2 comments:
Awesome.
So, once I've got a few more kids:
1. I won't be able to go anywhere
2. I won't have to do as much cleaning :)
That's a fun post; sorry it wasn't a very fun day.
Shopping...always a big deal with kids. But then the day comes when you have older kids who are actually old enough to tend and you leave everyone home....you escape! They may be doing such things as giving each other rides in the dryer but, oh well. The one down side is that your littlest kids never learn how to behave in public. Small price to pay for a little sanity.
Post a Comment