Friday, September 28, 2007

My husband and Bed Time


I have been married for over ten years and my husband never goes to bed early. He always says he is going to start going to bed early so that he can finish his work day earlier. About every six months John comes to me and asks me if I will let him go to bed early. That just makes me laugh!!!! In the whole of the ten years we have been married if I go to bed before midnight John will surely stay up until two or three am. If I go to better at midnight or later John will go to bed with me. Oft times I have stayed up until midnight, no matter how pregnant and tired I am, just to make sure John doesn't sleep through half the next day. Well this came up again yesterday. John accused me of keeping him up late by reading. But, because I know I will be in trouble, I have always had my lights out by 12:15 no matter how much I wanted to keep reading. It has always been John that has asked to read a little more. So I just explained that this could not possibly be due to me. John did go to bed at 11:30 last night. I wonder how many days that will last.

One more thing, John never slept as a child either. I know that his parents were very frustrated when he was two and they still couldn't get him to go to bed at a normal time. I believe his parents just eventually just shut him in his room, and when they woke up he would be sleeping in front of his door.

1 comment:

Em said...

That sounds like James, my son, we have had the hardest time ever getting him to sleep. he has been better the past few months, but there are still nights where it is midnight and he is still singing to himself in bed...insane. sometimes I wake up in the middle of night hearing him playing in his room. crazy kid. I love reading about your kids and family, it is comforting to know that other peoples kids are as crazy as mine.