Wednesday, October 16, 2019

This Week at Our House # 41 Another Birthday


John had his birthday on Monday. He is 48 now and for the first time feeling annoyed with the ticking clock. He carefully spent some time with each member of the family on his birthday. All of the kids love and adore him, more than me really. It surprises me that people would accuse him of abusing his own family because that is very far from the truth. We all love and adore him.

I taught school, and did a lot of writing, and a lot of chores and laundry and dishes. It was an ordinary week. The weather finally cooled and that has been a big relief.

Kate is working on some illustrations for two children's books for me. Rachel and Adam are working on illustrations for another children's book for me. Rachel drew all of the pictures and Adam is helping her learn the program to color them. They spent half their week of school and will probably spend the whole next week of school getting that finished.

I have another story that Anya started the illustrations for. Ruth has started illustrations for a Christmas Story in Rhyme book that I have started writing but have not quite finished.

To keep Adam and Rachel up with their other reading and work, Anya has been reading history and science to them while they work on illustrating. It was a good week of school. Adam and Rachel enjoyed the art and illustration, and I loved how Anya and Joseph helped to keep them up on their other work.

Kate finally took some time on her book that she has both illustrated and wrote. I suspect we will put it up when we get my first one up.

I have enough poems now I can put them in a book. I will need some simple illustrations. I am thinking I will stick to plants and do them myself. I am not as good as an artist as my kids.

I grabbedTom Sawyer off the shelf for Joseph to read and he is loving it and probably getting some ideas from it too.

Josh wrote a little rhyming poem and said that it's like rhyming with sentences.

Arwen's hair is very very long now and she is patient about getting it brushed. It's looking very pretty and she is finally not complaining that her hair is neither blond nor curly. She did have curly baby hair, though.

Suzy is doing well with kindergarten. I am still taking it slow and stopping when she gets tired out. On Wednesday and Thursday I read Ramona books to her. She is enjoying that and talks about the story, so I know she is paying attention.

Samuel walks around with 3 to 4 pacifiers hooked to his shirt. I was watching him play a bit during the Sacrament meeting at church today and thought it may be getting time to take those off, at least when we go to church. I wonder if he will do it.

We did not stay the second hour in church because when we got there and took Gideon out of his carseat we noticed that he had a leaky poopy diaper. I changed him, but had no clothes to put him in, so we went home early. Gideon then had 3 more leaky poopy diapers through the day.

Add caption





















2 comments:

LeAnn said...

This was another good catch up post to see what your family was up to then. I love how your children are writing, illustrating and helping you with many things. I love how they help one another. It is an ideal way to do homeschooling.
Happy Belated Birthday to your John; hope he had a great day!
Blessings and hugs for all!

LeAnn said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you dear girl! I do hope it was a good one. When you said you were now middle age; at my age I would say you are still very young. Enjoy the moments of your middle years; they are some of the best.
I loved reading again about how your children help one another and the cute way they interrelate with one another.
I also think you have some budding artists for sure.
Sending loving thoughts your way!