Sunday, October 20, 2019
This Week at Our House # 42 My Birthday
My birthday was on Monday. I am 44. I think that makes me very, very middle aged. In my mind, I feel middle aged. Most people think I am younger. I think it has to do with all of my younger children. I don't fit the mold of the typical middle aged woman. I would hope its that I look younger, but I think that is only a hope.
The week went quite quickly. School went fine. The kids are doing well. Adam and Rachel continue to work very hard on illustrations for one of my children's poems to be made into a book. Kate is working on illustrations for two more and Ruth for another that I have not finished writing. I have one other good idea that I will get started on when these ones are complete.
Anya was my star student this week. She was very diligent everyday, and helped Adam and Rachel to stay caught up in history.
Arwen's reading has improved significantly since the beginning of the school year. She will be ready for more independent work next year.
John sent me this story about Arwen: "Today, Arwen came up to me and asked "Do you know that I am bad at tricking Joseph into thinking a rock is a chicken egg?"
and this one: Conversation with Arwen
"Dad, do you want to know which one is the scariest t-rex I ever made up?"
"Sure"
"It's not the stupidest one. And its not the smartest one. Its the one that sneaks up behind you and then gets you. It can hit you with its claws once and then 'Bam!', your dead"
Kate had these stories about Susan: "poking eyes is bad and stealing from people is bad", a minute later, "and pinching people is bad and biting people is bad."
Early today Susan was crying on the bed and dad asked her why she was so despairing, she replied whining, "Samw has been killing me!"
Gideon is already taking his first steps. He turned 9 months this week, so I think he will be walking young.
Joshua and Joseph like to sit Sam and Gideon on blankets and pull them across the wood floor. They love it. Joseph likes to carry Gideon around bouncing him up and down.
Johnny works a lot, so I don't see him as much, but this week he seemed to be there whenever something needed fixing. He's a good son.
Ruth had a college roommate visit with her parents. Then they went to the beach. I took the rest of the kids about an hour later. The water is still warm, but the air felt cool, so we did not stay long.
Sam brings me a pile of books to read to him every morning before school starts. Books are his new favorite thing.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment