Sunday, February 10, 2019

Stories from Ruth # 70


This week was interesting. We had a really good lesson with Barry and the relief society president. She was very bold with him and told him that he needs to act.

Other than that we had a lot of travel between appointments so it was all bus finding. At one point I started talking to this guy from China and tried asking my companions usual question:
Me: "If you could ask god any question what would you ask?"
His response: "Where is my girlfriend?"

I have never laughed so hard on the bus.

This week it snowed a little bit which was Sister Shin's first snow.
Oh I woke up one morning and felt prompted to find a polish copy of the Book of Mormon. I could not find it but I did find a restoration pamphlet. The first lady I talked to was this nice uni student who I met three months previous. She asked me about my missionary work and I shared with her about the Book of Mormon and gave her the pamphlet in polish. She agreed to read and took my number so hopefully I will see her again before I go home.
Well I know that this church is true. I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God.

I want to share this scripture from the Doctrine and Covenants.
D&C 6:33 "Fear not to do good, my sons, for whatsoever ye sow, that shall ye also reap; therefore, if ye sow good ye shall also reap good for your reward."
34 "Therefore, fear not, little flock; do good; let earth and hell combine against you, for if ye are built upon my rock, they cannot prevail."
We are not supposed to fear doing good and sharing the word of God. It is his work so let us put our trust in him for if we are studying his word, and keeping his commandments, and seeking to know more of God we are surely building upon his rock.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

It looks like she had two great eperiences and actually miracles. I love the prompting and then how it worked out. It shows she is listening to the spirit for sure. I liked her scriptures this week too. We do need to not fear and follow those thoughts.
Blessings and hugs for Ruth!