I think we had a good and peaceful week on the whole. Johnny came with me Monday for another ultrasound and discussions with the specialists about Gestational Diabetes, so that he could then help me with the grocery shopping. The appointment took 2.5 hours and the shopping took another hour and a half. The rest of the week, I was pretty strict about getting school in and keeping up on the housework. The kids were good and peaceful. We have been working to remove all contention from our home, and I think this week the kids did really well. We didn't have the usual quibbles over toys or spots on the couch. John and I are pleased with the efforts our kids are making to bring the Spirit of the Lord into our home.
- John is moving forward on his big game, and he has had some job interviews and we are all focusing our prayers on getting this fixed for our family, and feeling hopeful that the Lord will bless us in good time.
- I am being very good on the diet and have gained very little weight this whole pregnancy. Some days I feel well and some days I feel weak and tired. I was pleased that I got everyone's hair cut and all of the summer clothes exchanged for the winter clothes.
- Ruth likes her new companion a lot and this is good Christmas for these two to be together. Ruth's companion's parents wrote her and told her they could give her nothing for Christmas, and Ruth knows we can do nothing for Christmas too and I think as a companionship that makes them feel more comfortable. Hopefully they get to stay together for the whole season.
- Kate has a great many things she is working on and has told the younger kids that she just doesn't have free time she used to have and so she can't play the long lego games with them nearly as much.
- Johnny has been very busy with all of the things that he is doing and learning, so we see him around a lot less.
- While Adam was lying on the floor, Sam and Susan lifted the top off from the piano bench and stuck it on his face which broke his already broken but still functional glasses. Now Adam has to be blind until his glasses come in, which could be a while yet-- poor boy.
- Rachel made french bread twice this week and then made it into french bread pizza for dinner. So she cooked dinner twice too and did an excellent job with no tears or arguments.
- Anya has moved her imaginary world outside and makes up the games for her Joseph to act out and anyone else who wants to join in.
- Joseph has been reading and reading and reading and when he is not reading he is outside. He has loved the cool weather and exploring our big yard and playing pretend games with Anya. I love that my kids love the out doors and love going out to play and explore.
- Joshua spent his week playing outside too. I went out to check up on the younger kids and Josh had Sam on a little scooter and was pushing him around. Before that, he had walked him around and collected different plants and rocks and sticks.
- Arwen has changed her clothes probably 8 times in less than 24 hours because she wants to wear all of her winter clothes now. I exchanged them yesterday.
- Susan loves to collect the chicken eggs. She goes and checks for them several times a day. Today she got one from her own chicken which made her extra happy.
- Sam had his birthday and loved it. Now that he can climb out of his bed, we are having a very hard time getting him to bed at night. It has made some nights every hard because he gets up and can't get back to sleep even if he wants to.
- Baby Gideon is weighing in around 4lbs, according to the ultrasound and everything is looking good or the same as before. I can tell that I have above average amniotic fluid. I can feel it when I push the baby around, there is a swish that there wasn't with other pregnancies. But apparently, my extra fluid is very slight.
Pictures
2 comments:
I can't believe that Samuel is 2! Yay! And I remember when Anya used to change her clothes constantly. That's funny that her sister is following that. We're still praying for all your needs. Love you muchly!
Oh, my I have missed some of your posts. They aren't coming up as new ones anymore for some reason and I spaced it all due to so much going on in my life the last little while. I do like to follow your family and am truly praying that John will get a job and that your pregnancy will continue to go well. I think your children are awesome and doing so well. I like your goal of less contention. Whatever you are doing is wonderful if contention is less. In a big family, I would think that would be a big challenge. Even with 6 children that were an ongoing challenge in our lives.
I enjoyed all the cute photos today; I love that you take a lot of them and post them on this blog because it is such a great family journal.
Wishing for you a wonderful Thanksgiving Celebration. Even in the midst of struggles that you have; I know you have a grateful heart.
Sending loving thoughts, wished for blessings and hugs your way!
Post a Comment