We got the letter saying that CPS has closed our case. The wording was really strange. It said that we did not qualify for their services. We are grateful we do not qualify for their services. We said a lot of prayers of thanks this week.
- Well my family gave us their apple computer just in time because John's fairly new and perfectly good computer decided to crash fatally all of a sudden this week. So we are very grateful to have a perfectly good replacement so John can continue his game development.
- The weather was dryer this week, so we were able to catch up on the laundry. Kate did a lot of it while I taught school.
- Ruth got a new companion, but stayed in the same place. She also got to go with her newly baptized sister to the London Temple.
- Kate did the laundry a lot this week. She is almost finished the 7 volume of the History of the Church by Joseph Smith and has been teaching a lot of it to our family.
- Johnny finally started feeling better after more than 2 weeks of having stomach cramps.
- Adam kept up with all of Johnny's chores for the time period that he was not feeling as well as getting some of the lawn mowed.
- Rachel complained about school everyday. I want her to enjoy school. I hope she starts to love learning rather than yearning for free play time all the time.
- Anya made a very pretty mansion out of legos.
- Joseph has been learning to play the recorder on his own and doing a good job. He has also been spending as much time as he is allowed making animated drawings on the computer.
- Joshua went the second mile this week during chore day. He finished his chore really fast. Then he did a second chore I gave to him really fast and then he stayed and helped Kate for longer than all the other kids were doing chores.
- Arwen's reading is progressing well. She did not struggle at all this week.
- Suzy is always bringing the kittens in the house to play because she loves them, but I have developed a pretty bad allergy to them, so I am always glad when they stay outside all day. When Suzy got out of the bathtub, I asked her if she peed in the bathtub. she hesitated for a minutes and said, "yes, but it is invisible in the bathtub and then it disappears."
- Sam likes to be read to and he will give you a book and expect you to read it again and again and again. And when I get tired of the book, I send him off to someone else to read the same book to him over and over again.
Pictures
1 comment:
I did smile on the wording of your letter from CPS and very happy the case is closed. I can’t imagine the stress of this one.
I know how grateful you must be for the new computer. I liked reading about how the children are doing and also how they are helping each other. I really loved how Adam helped Johnny while he wasn’t feeling well.
I remember having a child that liked the same book read over and over.
You Kate is so awesome! I love how she helps and then I am amazed that she is reading the History of The Church by Joseph Smith. She will be so well prepared for her mission.
I am very glad that the weather is drier. I was concerned that you would have some flooding.
You do have an amazing family!
Blessings and hugs for you all!
Post a Comment