Saturday, August 11, 2018

Stories from Ruth # 48


 
Missionary work is very good. We are teaching a few really good people who are progressing. We actually discovered transfers sunday morning and both Elder Lin and Elder Park are leaving and white-washing Guilford together, and Sister Lotter is leaving for Brighton! I will be receiving a Sister from the London South mission. Our new district leader is Elder Robertson from Birmingham... the one everyone thinks I am related to.

I am going to miss my companion a lot. She is a very good and diligent missionary.

This week has been wonderfully wild! Sunday night President Checketts announced that missionaries may go to the temple with their recent converts. Since we had already helping Leila to prepare to go to the temple this week, we arranged it so that we could go with her! It was wonderful! I really know that the temple is the house of God. We need to make covenants with God and if we are to become like Jesus Christ and to receive the blessings of eternity we must make the same promises to God that he made and do vicarious work as he did. We are to be a selfless as he was!
Gilbert is doing soo good!
Transfers happened! I am staying in Enfield with a new sister from London South and Sister Lotter is leaving for Brighton. The Elders are also both leaving, so it will just be us sisters in Enfield.

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Oh transfers are hard but also can be fun. I think Ruth will adjust well and of course continue being a fantastic missionary. I love the fun photos she sends to you. I think she is doing a great work and have good success.
Blessings and hugs for Ruth!