Friday, July 13, 2018

Stories from Ruth # 44



 
This week was absolute chaos, but Leila got baptized which was a huge miracle! She was really excited for her baptism. It was a very spiritual experience. Leila truly is prepared. She is keeping all the commandments and wants to become like Jesus Christ. Leila is excited to evwn go to the temple and has shared the gospel with her family and they are excited for her. Before her baptism we saw her everyday and read the Joseph Smith's first vision, because it is important to realize that the adversary is real and will exercise all his power to keep us from coming unto Christ. Another day she was feeling very lonely and we felt impressed to go and see her, so we did. We saw her and taught her about trusting in God. Leila impresses me because she tries to keep herself apart from the world and sin, and truly seeks God.

Tuesday we had zone conference with Staines from London South. President Checketts is really nice and his wife is so cute! It was strange, but fun getting to know people in London South. There were more sisters than elders from the south mission which was very strange.
Wednesday we went finding as a district and all the sisters wore matching dresses. We had so many people ask us what was special about the day, so my companion from Australia told them it was the fourth of July! Haha! We did not see many English people that day because they were all at home (most likely sleeping or hungover) since the night before they had won the football match. The sober few were out. We did a blitz as a district and Sister Lotter and I found this guy named Abdul. He is really interested to learn and loved the scripture Moroni 10:4-5. We set up an appointment for the next day, but Abdul later texted us and asked if we could meet that day. So later that day we had a lesson with him and a member, Adam Berry. Abdul enjoyed it a lot and said he looked forward to learning more the next day. The next we tuaght him the restoration and he was touched by the Joseph Smith story. Elder Holland told us when he came that when we share Joseph Smith's first vision, everything seems to go quite. The spirit is prominent when we share the story of God and Jesus christ appeearing to a young boy, calling him to be a prophet. I love this, because I know that God calls his prophets and is guiding his church today and is continuing to restore his truths to the earth.
Friday was the baptism and it was such a stressful day that my companion was comoaring it to a wedding, because it is a lot of work and you panic more about every little thing than you should, but the true purpose, and best part is when they are actually married, or in this case baptized. I laughed, but it was true.
Saturday we went up to Watford for a stake Picnic and I got to see a bunch of the members there including Michael (my recent convert). It was a lot of fun, and I got to know some more of the members of the Enfield ward.
Sunday Leila received the gift of the Holy Spirit. There is a glow about her now that is physically visible that the people who knew her before have mentioned to her. I am so thankful that I got to be a part of this miracle. I really believe that her choice will affect generations. I am glad I was able to teach her and help her before baptism and now after. Our friend Anny also came to church. Her sister is a member in Stratford. Anny is so sweet and has five children. When she came to church we convinced her to come to relief society with us and in relief society, we actually watched the talk we had committed her to read the previous time we saw her which was by our Prophet Russell M Nelson "Revelation for the Church, Revelation for Our Lives." She also got to meet a lot of the sisters who also speak Portuguese and she enjoyed it. I lover her! Anny is a wonderful mother who teaches her children to follow Christ. She always brings her two youngest children and they are so cute! They are too shy to be on their own so they came to relief society. The teacher asked what were some gifts we could give people and Anny's youngest boy (he is about 4 years old) said "a kiss!" It was adorable.

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

This was a very fun missionary post full of great missionary moments. I love that they had a baptism. Their new investigator sounds awesome. I like the end part about the young mother and two children in church. I can tell that she is a fabulous missionary and having some great miracles. The picutes were fun too.
The Joseph Smith Vision really is a key in conversion. Almost every time I hear a missionary go through it an dor my dear husband I get tears and feel the spirit.
Thanks for sharing another missionary moment in Ruth’s life. Blessings and hugs for Ruth.

rozanny said...

How exciting!