- John had his first job interview in 6 months of searching. Hopefully this will work out.
- When I was not teaching school or cooking, I was outside working or reading. I got to meet our neighbor and ask her about gardening. She has been growing a big garden here for 19 years. Adam and Anya helped me to plant some potatoes directly outside. I had two potato plants ready to be planted outside and as of today, I have five. I fermented tomato seeds, and they will be ready to plant in another week. I pray over my garden. I want it to be productive. I will get chickens as soon as we can afford it because I need their poop for fertilizer.
- Ruth said that her area is very sad. There are a great many people who are distressed and suffering. They have a great need for the gospel, but they do not know it.
- Kate has reached 18.5 and has talked to the Bishop. He is beginning the paperwork for her mission and gave her the first half of her temple recommend. Kate is beyond excited!
- Johnny woke up extra early on Friday morning to clean the bathrooms for me. He is a dear.
- We are trying and trying to get Adam to pay attention to what he is doing and do them well. I think he wants to, but has spent most of his life getting the bare minimum done and is now finding it hard to do a serious study of things. I know that if he continues to put in a serious effort and is honest about what he understands and doesn't understand things will become a lot easier for him.
- Rachel has memorized the first vision scriptures perfectly word for word. I am very proud of her. It was 772 words and the language is older.
- Anya helped me plant the potatoes because she liked doing it. Having help, made the process go a lot faster. I am glad that she did. Anya is having trouble memorizing. I think it will get easier for her as she does it more and learns to concentrate and not let her mind wander.
- Joseph finished his memorizing, though he still changes the words up. I think he has done very well for an 8 year old.
- I subbed in primary today and got to see Joshua. The sharing time teacher asked if anyone knew about the ten commandments and Josh said, "I know one is do not commit adultery. Another is thou shalt not lie, and thou shalt not kill. Killing is evil." I thought he was really cute. When we were home and I told the story, Rachel told me that Joseph gave the same answer.
- On the day the trees blossomed, Arwen came to me and said, "Mom, did you know that this world is becoming a flower world?"
- I taught Susan's sunbeam class. I was pleased that she did a good job answering questions. Though, if she did not know an answer, she would automatically say, "Jesus Christ."
- Sam did not eat again until Wednesday. I was relieved when he started eating again. He also became happy again that same day. I had missed my happy little guy. I am glad that he is finally feeling better.
Pictures
2 comments:
I LOVE springtime. I'm so glad that everyone's feeling better. I pray for John's interview. Your garden sounds amazing!
Awesome photos! I see that spring has sprung. I really love the trees in blossom. It has been warm here and we started to see a few signs of spring but no we have had a big snow storm. It's supposed to rain over the next three days. We do need the moisture.
It's fun to see the photos of the children outside enjoying the woods. I feel sad that most children don't even know the fun of climbing a tree.
I am happy that your family is feeling better; especially little Sam.
I do pray that John get's a job soon. I can't imagine how hard this is for everyone
I think it is exciting that Kate is progressing towards her mission. Getting a temple recommend is marvelous.
I always enjoy the updates of what the children do and say. I am amazed that Rachel memorized the first vision. You are doing such a great job with our homeschooling
I hope that working in the garden is therapeutic for you. I know it is for many people. My husband loves yard work and says it relieves his stress.
Loved reading this one; sending hugs!
Post a Comment