Sunday, November 26, 2017
Stories from Ruth #10
We had a crazy day today! We had an investigator call us randomly this morning and said he needed to meet with us. We met with him and taught him for a long time because he knows like no English. Then we had a lesson we didn't plan on teaching because he seemed very unsold and it was amazing! He is going to pray and read the Book of Mormon tonight and he listened to the conference talk I gave him to the first day we met him! It was kind of crazy.
I saw this kid biking and felt like I needed to talk to him. And I thought well if he stops for no reason I will talk to him. As soon as I thought that he dropped something and stopped. So we talked to him. It was a long conversation where we mostly had to stand there and testify of the Book of Mormon and God since he believes in science. One question he asked today was why would God let him and so many others grow up in a society where they are taught that only science can answer questions and proves there is no God. He meant it sincerely, and I know the answer, but I just don't know how to simply answer it. Well after reading scriptures and testifying to him he said he will pray and was actually grateful to accept a Book of Mormon!
We had another lesson tonight with a guy who loves Mormons but says he is unlikely to ever be one. We met him coming home after curfew when a bike seat cover flew out of my hand and he picked it up. Long story short he is now going to fhe and agreed to read the Book of Mormon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment