Sunday, July 30, 2017

This Week at Our House # 30



  1. John seems to have gone from a part time insomniac to a full blown insomniac. He worked all night and slept half the day every day this past week. He would go to bed, not be able to sleep, and then get up and work.
  2. I am working on trying to heal from gall stones. I am still having pain, but not as much. I have been able to exercise and will continue to work on training to walk a half marathon. . I am doing a pretty strict vegan diet. I am only on day 3, but I do think it is helping. Before I was pretty much only drinking, so this is better. The heating pad has been the other big help. The diet is for 6 weeks and I am already tired of raw vegetables and really want some nice squishy homemade bread. But I need to get healthy. I have known for a long time that my stomach was pretty messed up from having so many babies.
  3. 23 more days and I will officially be a missionary mom. That will be a hard goodbye. Ruth is anxiously waiting for the mail each day as she expects her passport and visa coming in the mail. Ruth made an appointment at the temple for herself, John, and I so we went on Saturday and the rest of the kids babysat.
  4. Kate has been spending at least an hour each day practicing the piano. She says she does not like not being good at something. Kate always has put in what ever effort is needed to be successful.
  5. Johnny injured his foot playing soccer and spent the rest of the week laying around. He is not very good at staying down.
  6. Adam took on all of Johnny's chores and did so without complaint. He even mowed the lawn for the first time. I bought him some peanut m&m's as a prize for his kindness and he shared them freely.
  7. Rachel likes computer games too much. It was our last week of summer break and she played as much as we would allow.
  8. Anya has played dolls with Arwen and Susan a lot since Arwen's birthday. I love how my kids play with each other.
  9. Joseph got a new set of scriptures in the mail from his grandma, so he has been reading scriptures a lot more.
  10. Ruth wrote this up about Josh: I asked Josh early in the morning what he was going to do when I was gone for two years on my mission, but couldn't get a response. At around 8 or 9 at night Josh came into my room and said "Ruth I know what I'm going to do when you're gone." At this point I had forgotten about the question, but remembered and asked, "What are you going to do?" He responded, "I'm going to take your little curly stuffed animal." Not what I was expecting but it was hilarious.
  11. Arwen had her fifth birthday, which she loved! She got a set of baby dolls nearly the same as Susan's at Arwen's request. She also got a toob of mini- dinosaurs. She shared everything and has spent everyday since her birthday playing with her new toys.
  12. Suzy has curly blond hair and it is so cute.
  13. Sam is such a bouncy, wiggly, baby. He is constantly on the move.
Pictures




















3 comments:

rozanny said...

I'm so sorry about the Gall stones! That sounds miserable! Happy Birthday Arwen! I can't believe she's 5! She's looking more like Anya too.... Cute girl. I LOVE the dinosaurs under the table.

BB said...

I am so glad it is getting a bit better for you, hopefully the diet will do the trick and you will start to improve more rapidly.
I am impressed with your willpower. We were so sick of raw veggies too! We started doing green smoothies (with spinach) and we still drink those regularly since we love them so much.

LeAnn said...

I really loved the cute photos and especially the ones of those two sweet sisters.
I hope John is able to get back to a regular routine. Working at night can really be hard on health. I don't sleep well myself. I have been trying some herbals for sleep and they are helping quite a bit.
I am so sorry that you are still having pain with gallbladder problems. I hope th ediet works. If not the surgery is a quick and easy one.
You will love having a missionary. Those weekly emails are fun to get and I printed everyone of my daughters letters. The sons hand wrote letters which I treasure, also.
I think it is awesome that Kate is practicing the piano. When she goes on a mission she could be asked to play for meetings. I loved reading about how kind and helpful Adam is. I hope Johnny get's better quickly.
The conversation between Ruth and Josh was soooo cute.
Love and hugs for all!