Sunday, July 23, 2017
Joseph's Baptism
One of the things I like about living on the East Coast are simple Baptisms. Joseph had a very simple baptism tonight. Our family did all of the talking, singing and playing, even if we weren't very good. Arwen gave the opening prayer. Anya told about her baptism. Ruth, Kate, and Rachel sang Nearer My God to Thee. Kate sang A Poor Wayfaring Man of Grief, and Kate spoke about the Holy Ghost. Johnny and I did the piano playing, and Johnny said the closing prayer.
Joseph's Baptism lasted for about 40 minutes. He got baptized and confirmed and we went home. John taught us some more at home. I took some pictures and we had a simple dinner and dessert.
Joseph was excited for this. He is a good boy. He knows the scriptures well for his age. He has been reading the Book of Mormon this year and is about half way through. I definitely think he was ready for this step. Now he is on a journey to learn from the Holy Ghost that he was given tonight.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Congrats Joey! I love you so much and I love seeing your progression in the Gospel through baptism! Big hugs from far away!
Post a Comment