Monday, July 10, 2017

This Week at Our House #27



  1. We had a very dull Fourth of July, and a fairly ordinary week. 
  2. I cleaned a lot. I go into closets and under beds and reorganized things.
  3. Ruth does a lot of dishes without ever being asked. I will miss that when she is gone. She only has about 45 days left before she leaves and she is excited!
  4. Kate and Ruth finished reading volume 1 of History of the Church and Mansfield Park this week.
  5. Johnny has laryngitis and it sounds so funny!
  6. Adam wrestles Joseph all the time and now that it is July, the heat wave has hit and the kids spend more time inside. It is particularly hard to have big Adam wrestling and running around indoors.
  7. Rachel was mostly grateful that I organized her closet. Even though we had a blah fourth of July, she was happy to get her spaced cleaned up. She has been drawing and organizing those.
  8. I did a small sewing project with Anya and Rachel. Anya loved it and wanted to do one everyday, so I bought her a cross stitch packet and she has been doing a very good job and really enjoying it.
  9. Joseph will be 8 soon. His baptism date has been set. He seems 8 too. I am not at all worried about him being mature enough or knowing enough.
  10. Joshua has been dumping out lots of toys to play huge games with. Josh and Arwen have been playing with the toys together all day long.
  11. Arwen has been particularly interested in the dinosaurs. It is cute to hear her voice echoing over the other noises of the house as her dinosaurs talk to each other.
  12. Suzy likes to sing. You can ask her to sing you a song and she will just make something up on the spot and sing it. Sometimes, we will hear here singing full songs from movies or church.
  13. Sam will be 8 months this week. He spent the week climbing up the stairs. He does not know how to get down. He can now stand without support for about 30 seconds too. I think that is pretty young for all of our kids. He loves food now, and no one can eat anything without Sam finding his way to them and then bawling loudly. More than one kid this week asked, "why is Sam standing by me crying?" All those kids had food in their hands.
Pictures






2 comments:

LeAnn said...

This was a great update! I am so excited for Ruth to start her mission. It will be fun for you to share with us her missionary moments. I think it is adorable that Suzy likes to sing and knows ones to belt out. Sam does seem to be progressing well. I think it is cute he likes food and bugs the others for it.
Having them all in during the heat must be a challenge with noise at times. However, I imagine our home is full of the wonderful sound of children.
Blessings and hugs!

rozanny said...

Good job Anya!