Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Ticket System


To convince my kids to read everyday during summer, I came up with a ticket system. They get one ticket each for reading, some service, scripture reading, family history work, and for doing something creative. Then they can use their tickets for certain things. I wrote up a whole page and it is taped on the fridge. Some of what they can get is an ice cream treat or one piece of candy or a game with mom for one ticket. 50 tickets will get them a lunch date with mom or dad. 100 tickets can get them a new lego set. 5 will allow them to use the hose and play outside with water. There's plenty more.

I write their names on the tickets and sign them, so they can't forge or trade or fight over whose ticket belongs to whom. And if they lose them, when they are found there is no question who they belong to.

The can get up to 5 tickets 5 days a week.

We are on week two and so far so good. Adam is the only one making an effort to save. Joseph uses his one at a time each day for treats. Rachel seems to get up to 10 and then wants an icee. Josh can't keep track of his, so he gets nothing until he finds them again. Anya may end up saving 50 because she loses them and finds them a lot. They are all reading and doing productive things instead of asking for tv or video games.

If I still like it at the end of the summer, I will do it again.

2 comments:

rozanny said...

Sounds neat.... That would probably work for Ada and Sam.... Something to think about. Evelyn would have absolutely no interest.

LeAnn said...

I find that quite creative. I used to come up with various ideas similar to this when raising kids. I loved this one! Good luck on it and I hope it continues to be a way to bless your home with extra peace and happiness. Hugs~