Monday, April 17, 2017

This Week at Our House # 15



  1. We had a busy week. The kids and I did a local hike at the North River Park on Monday for a science nature walk. John picked up Ruth from the airport on Tuesday. We had the missionaries over for dinner on Thursday and Sunday. We had friends over on Friday. We did a lot of cleaning and bed switching including putting up a new bunk bed. We had Stake Conference and Easter on Sunday. John cocked all the bathroom sinks, and John still worked his full week and we still had school and babysitting.
  2. I pretty much summed up my week above. It was busy. This week is spring break and I am looking forward to it.
  3. Ruth flew home on Tuesday. Her Grandma Robertson bought her mission clothes while in Utah, and Ruth was excited to show me those. She has started to get her passport, temple recommend, visa, and luggage. There is a lot to do in the next four months. Ruth came home and helped. I washed a lot less dishes this week because my Ruth is home.
  4. Kate was excited to get her best friend home!!
  5. Johnny set up the bunk bed pretty much on his own and put new toilet seats on the toilets.
  6. I an trying to help Adam read faster, so I had him time how long it took him to read a page. I think that helped him. He finally finished Tom Sawyer. He really enjoyed that book. But he is a slow reader and it is time to get that fixed.
  7. The middle kids had their final week of homeschool coop. Rachel and Anya were sitting at a table doing a craft, when a couple of girls came up and asked if they needed help cutting things out. Rachel said, "no, I am 11!" The girl who was asking is 11 too. Rachel is tiny!
  8. Anya really enjoyed our nature science walk. We saw big blue herons, large box turtles, small turtles, and a large black snake. Anya came home telling everyone how many turtles she saw. Rachel was sad that I would not let her catch one. Rachel and Anya helped stuff and hide Easter eggs this year. Anya was very clever about it. I think they put a new fun twist on the Easter egg hunt.
  9. Joseph collected the most Easter eggs this year. He is at just the right age for that.
  10. Joshua was tired on Easter because we woke him up early, so he spent a good part of the day yelling when anything annoyed him. The rest of the week he was pretty good, though.
  11. Arwen plays with Josh and Susan a good deal these days. She is always taking out the toys and asking Josh or Susan to come and play with her. During their bath this week, I noticed Arwen say to Susan, "Let's play find the soap." I remember playing that game in the bathtub for years.
  12. Susan's hair is finally getting a little length and it is all messy curls. It's pretty cute. 
  13. Sam can sit up tall and strong now. He hit 5 months of age on Wednesday, He has begun whimpering quietly when he wants to sleep.
Pictures











When Arwen and Susan both got tired, Johnny was a super hero and carried them both. He had already been taking turns carrying them separately for a mile.



1 comment:

LeAnn said...

So happy that you have your Ruth home. I remember getting my daughter ready for a mission. It was fun but there is a lot to do. It looks like you did have a super busy week; but you always manage to have some super great moments with your family. I loved all the photos and the Easter part.
I can hardly believe that Sam is already 5 months old. Time does fly! Keep enjoying the sweet moments with your family.
Blessings and hugs~