Sunday, July 17, 2016

This Week at Our House # 28



  1. John's first week of work went very well. His boss and work place are good. Getting a hold of their data is easy, so he was able to get straight to work without any complications. He can work many of his own hours and from home or from the office, so it is a good fit for John and our family. We certainly feel blessed to have him working now.
  2. I had a fairly quiet week. I spent much of Monday at the doctors with Rachel because she hurt her knee, but other than that, we mostly stayed home all week and enjoyed the air conditioning.
  3. Ruth spent the week reading a book that I read and loved when she was 2 and looked forward to the day that she would be old enough to read it. Ruth and I have been talking about and working out details and things she will need for college. The time is coming fast. Ruth leaves in less than two months.
  4. Kate was away at Girls Camp all week. She left early Monday morning and did not return until Friday afternoon. That is the longest we have ever been without Kate. We missed her chats, playing games, and helping hands. Kate came back with all sorts of camp stories. She was a 6-year youth leader and was over the 3rd year girls. She had lots to say about that. There was a cliquish group of girls and Kate befriended all the outcasts.
  5. Johnny has been reading some more. He has the problem of not having enough to read, so he has been rereading several of his favorite series.
  6. Adam seems to appreciate that we have realized that if Joseph gets hurt from him, it is usually after Adam has been very patient.
  7. Rachel hurt her knee on Sunday night when Adam fell on top of her. Monday morning, it was quite swollen and she could barely walk, so I took her to see a doctor. Nothing is broken, but she is still sore and having trouble walking. I am not sure if I need to get it reevaluated or just give her more time to heal whatever happened. 
  8. Anya has a cute imagination and she is often telling me about some pretend thing she is currently involved in.
  9. Joseph was just as active and jumping and wrestling as he always is. His 7th birthday is coming in a couple more days. He is pretty excited about that. He wants chicken sandwiches for dinner and a store bought chocolate cake with chocolate ice cream.
  10. Joshua and all of the kids made Temples out of smore's during Church today. Josh would not eat his because he did not have time to finish it, but his was very structurally sound. Every one else's was falling apart, but Josh's fell down twice on the way to the car and did not come apart at all. We weren't terribly surprised as Josh is our builder. He builds with blocks and legos all the time and is very good at it. John had a funny conversation with Josh. Josh does not pronounce his r's and l's very well. He told John that he made up some new "woows". John could not understand him and asked him a couple of times what he made up and Josh finally said, "Woows, you know, those things that ground you."
  11. Arwen is excited for her upcoming birthday. She asks me everyday if it is her birthday. She has about 10 more days and she will be 4!
  12. Susan had a fever all day of Thursday. She woke up crying "ow, ow, ow". She was pretty miserable unless she was watching tv. I am really grateful for tv when I have sick little kids. It helps so much, But because she was not feeling well, Thursday was a very calm day. No one had to chase her down or keep her from getting into things and she only cried about feeling sick.
This Week's Pictures





4 comments:

rozanny said...

I LOVE Kate's dress in that picture. I'm glad that she got to be a youth leader. That's a great learning experience. I'm so sorry about Rachel! That sounds miserable. That happened to Evelyn once. The big kids bounced her on the trampoline and she sprained her knee. It took a week to be able to walk on it again really... then a couple weeks for her to run again. Happy birthday to Joseph and Arwen! So exciting to see everyone growing up and loving it! Yay John! We were praying that this would be a good job for you. I'm so glad. Love you guys!

LeAnn said...

I like your sweet photos. I am excited about your hubby's job; is sounds like a perfect fit. I always enjoy reading about your children and what they are doing. I find that they are growing up quick. It is amazing how time passes. Just thinking that you will have a chlld in college.
Happy Birthday to Joseph and Arwen. Their birthday year surprized me. I am happy that you have air conditioning and it sounds like the kids had a quieter week.
Blessings and hugs!

Rachel Keppner said...

YAY!!! Congratulations on the new job! That sounds wonderful! I am glad to read that your family is settling in. I so admire how you keep your updates going. I am sad that i fell out of the habit when my missionary got home. You inspire me! :-)

Hugs,
Rachel

Emily said...

Your kids are really growing up. I'm excited for Ruth going to college soon at ByuI. I hope she has a really great experience there.