Sunday, July 24, 2016

Can No Longer Hide It


Last week Kate said, "Mom, you can no longer hide it. People keep asking me if you are pregnant and I am saying yes." I thought that was pretty funny and she is right. I am 24 weeks pregnant and it is obvious.

I got pregnant right away after Christopher's death and birth. That surprised us because I have never gotten pregnant so early after another pregnancy. The closest in the past was 5 months after a 1st trimester miscarriage. We certainly didn't expect it. But we are very grateful.

This is a very active baby. I have felt it move around everyday since I was 15 weeks along. That has been a wonderful thing for peace of mind. I have not seen a doctor yet, and I am still trying to figure out what I am going to do about it. I may end up driving 2 hours away for a birthing center if I cannot get in with the one ob here that is not associated with the medical school.

I do not want to go through the medical school. I did that with Kate at the University of Michigan and it was something between a horrible joke and a nightmare. Since this may be my last baby, I want to the birth experience to be as nice as possible.


6 comments:

Rachel Keppner said...

Wooo-hoooo!!!! Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you!!! :-D

BIG hugs,
Rachel

Sandra said...

Wahoo! Congratulations from Holland! So happy for you!

Emily said...

Congratulations! Praying for your and little baby's health. Will you be finding out if it's a boy or girl? I guess given the pattern we should expect a boy. 😊

LeAnn said...

Congratulation! I am excited for you. Hope you find a good OB for this one. Sending hugs your way~

rozanny said...

Congrats! I was wondering after that picture of you cutting watermelon here on your blog. I'm excited for you!

Mary said...

Congratulations Diane! I enjoy reading your blog.