Friday, October 23, 2015

This Week at Our House # 41



The week is almost over and I have not even updated about last week. Last week, I had my 40th birthday. I also had a wonderful girl's night out with some of my very best friends. The rest of the week I worked with John to make a decision on what to do. Finally on Saturday, John came to the conclusion that we needed to just go ahead and mover to Raleigh, N.C. I have felt that since General Conference and was happy that we came to the same decision. So that is what we are doing. The new owners are in our house now, we have an ABF truck packed and they will be moving our stuff out. We are at John's brother's house in Orem, Ut and are about to head out on this next adventure of our lives.

We are moving on faith, and moving where we feel like John will have the best opportunity to get a full time job in a place that will be good for our family. John has not had long term work since 2013. In the past, we have had little trials and some tough times that lasted a few months. Never have we had to endure so many difficulties over such a long period of time. I used to think that if you kept the commandments, used wisdom in your finances and education, worked hard, served others, and did your Church callings and home and visiting teaching that you would avoid many of the troubles in life. I feel quite differently now. I still know all of those are important ingredients, but life is just life. We cannot make it perfect through our actions anymore than we can make it to heaven through our works.

So, the next adventure of our life begins now, and I will update for this week in a few more days.

2 comments:

LeAnn said...

Oh my dear, I am sad that you are moving but know that great opportunities will open up for you all. It's hard to move abut I have done it many times. I chose many years ago to just bloom wherever I was planted. We have lived in 4 different states and have grown and learned new lessons in everyone of them. Sending you lots of love, hugs and prayed for blessings!

Marcie said...

I agree with your thoughts in this post. It's funny how we've never met, yet how parallel our lives are. Nathan hasn't had work since 2013 either. And guess what?! Over General Conference I got the confirmation that we needed to move to Utah. That's so funny that we're in NC moving to Utah (probably in January) and you are in UT moving to NC. I hope all goes well with the move. You're moving in with your parents, right? You're my hero. It would be so neat if our paths crossed..well, I guess they are.. but I mean if we accidentally met at a museum or the temple or something. Thanks for keeping your anxious readers updated. I've been thinking and praying for you all week. Good luck with things!