Monday, September 7, 2015

This Week at Our House #35



  1. John got his company to give him an advance in pay. They did, but they still owe him quite a bit of money. I think they legally have to get it to him by the end of the month. Now John is back to looking for another job. I hope that he just gets a fulltime position that pays every month and lasts for at least 5 years. 
  2. Well, Monday we had a request to show our house and well, Monday morning mess is always quite thorough. But I said yes and then went and cleaned for 4 hours straight while the kids were in school so that the house would be perfectly clean for showing. Then I went and got the kids from school and went to a Rachel's musical meeting. Then I took the kids to the park. While at the park I got another call to see the house. I set it up for a couple hours later. The second people liked the house and made an offer that night. By Wednesday, we were under contract. Today is the inspection. Hopefully every thing will go well. The planned closing date is Oct 1st.
  3. Ruth is having fun her senior year, but is anxious about having to move part way through the school year. We are not sure about where we will move and what will happen yet, so there is a little bit of anxiety going around with most of us.
  4. Kate is waiting for us to buy her calc 2 class. We are waiting to be paid all the money we are owed, But that will be her math class for the year. Calc 3 does not seem to be offered as an online class, so she will have to go to a college to take that her senior year. 
  5. Johnny does not like Bountiful high. He misses Legacy Prep. He hates his math class and thinks it it too easy. He feels uncomfortable in orchetra and feels like it is too hard. He likes German and Chemistry, but he does not like the book he has to read in English. Still, he is getting good grades.
  6. Adam is learning the trumpet in school this year and he really likes it.
  7. Rachel had her first musical practice. She is hoping we live here the whole school year because she has a speaking part and she loves acting and singing.
  8. Anya really likes her school teacher, I have been having all of the elementary school kids read out loud to me a couple of times a week and Anya's reading is really good.
  9. Joseph got in trouble in school. I think he is my first kid to ever get in trouble in school. Hopefully he'll try harder to obey. I mentioned that his two older brothers are pretty good. He seemed interested in them as a good example.
  10. I started homeschool preschool with Josh and Arwen. Josh is learning to write his name and letters. He's a pretty good artist, so he finds writing letters both easy and enjoyable.
  11. Arwen loves learning the alphabet because I do it with them on Starfall and she gets excited about using computers and phones.
  12. I have had Susan sleeping in my closet since birth. She is getting a little too tall for that now, so I am going to have to figure out where to put her next.

3 comments:

Handsfullmom said...

Congrats on selling the house! I do hope everything works out well for you.

LeAnn said...

I do hope your husband gets a good job. Happy that your home is under contract. I will pray you find something that will work good for all of you. Moving is hard; but we have found a good life experience. Our children have always learned a lot from the moves we have made.
Always enjoy your updates! Hoping for blessings for you all and sending love and hugs your way.

rozanny said...

I hope that it goes well! I know that you want to be done with it. Selling a house isn't fun at all. Love you guys and hope to see you soon!