- I forgot that I had not written anything for last week yet. My mom called and reminded me. John is doing well.
- I made it through the last full week of school. The kids had very little homework and we stayed up very late most nights because the sun did too. In a way, we've already begun to enjoy summer. For memorial day, we just stayed home because John needed to work and there would be no room in the mountains to park a 15 passenger van for parking. But we made a fire in our fire bowl and had hot dogs and smores. The kids really enjoyed it, and have asked for more.
- Ruth got a job. She job shadowed Saturday. She'll be a cook and kitchen gal at an assisted living facility. And she'll be working with her best friend. I think it is all a win for her. It looks like Ruth will have a 4.0 this quarter. She's finally conquering math and chemistry.
- Kate has had a lot of finals. She is looking forward to being done. Getting her permit and beginning driving is the next thing on her agenda.
- Johnny got to go to Lagoon day (local amusement park) for all the 9th graders in Davis County. He was seething with excitement as he I dropped him off and came home happy as can be. He's finished the 9th grade at 13 years old and has a 4.0.
- Adam said to me that he is not like other boys because he likes guns and sports, but later he said that's not what he meant, but that he did not know how to say what he meant.
- Rachel loved field day and all of the fun last days of school stuff. She got all A's for the first time. Her first quarter she had all B's and 1 A. She's learned to work hard and study and is now becoming just as competitive as her siblings.
- Anya has all A's and she reads really well now. She had an oral book report that she did a great job at. She's relieved that school is out, as we all are.
- Joseph also got all A's. In fact, he had a 100% in all of his classes except math. He never did his math homework, and I never made him because he is only 5 and since he was getting 100% on all of his tests, there really was no reason for him to have homework at all.
- Joshua keeps getting kicked out of Sunbeams for playing with the lights or the curtains. Josh has always been good at knowing how much he can get away with. He has a new teacher and knows exactly what to do to get kicked out, so we will not be sending him to primary anymore. All he seems to be learning is how to misbehave. He has always been very tough in church. I will just make him go to the adult classes and not let him have anything fun to do.
- Arwen was perfect at potty training and then completely relapsed. But once I really push it, I stay in for the long haul. If she poops her pants, I don't let her wear clothes and that seems to be convincing her. Hopefully she'll be willing and get it down in another couple of months.
- Suzy can stand herself up without holding on to anything and she can stay standing on her own for a little bit. I suspect she is about 2 months away from walking. It's kind of sad. Her babyhood has gone by so fast.
This Week's Pictures
1 comment:
Looks like you had a great Memorial day activity; I loved the pictures. Your baby is so darn cute; they do grow fast. I think it is so awesome that your children get such good grades.
I think you are so smart to take your Sunbeam out and let him be bored; maybe he will be happy to go back to class.
I always enjoyed the more relaxed days of summer. I love that you daughter got a job and she will learn a lot at an Assisted Living place.
Blessings~
Post a Comment