- Happy father's Day to John. He's such a good Dad. He spends one on one time with each of the kids every week. He will often find things they like to do and do it with them even if he hates it. In fact, he started playing basketball with Adam because Adam loves basketball, but John absolutely hates basketball. When John was a missionary he would sit down and do math research while the other missionaries played basketball.
- We bought a nice camera this week. I plan to start doing some photography to earn money for missions and colleges and for a back up if John is ever unemployed again. It's been fun getting to know the camera some. I have been working on using photoshop and I plan to get to know that a lot better too. It's kind of fun to take up a new hobby, and one that I have always had some interest in.
- Ruth worked and rested and that was about all. She and I have had a bit of a sinus infection, so feeling bad for me, she has taken it upon herself to do dishes and such a little more.
- Kate has been my cleaning everything out help. I keep her so busy and tired that on Monday she said, "Mom, you have a lot of energy for an ol... nevermind."
- John bought some new video games for the kids this week, so I didn't have much interaction with Johnny other than "Get off the computer and do you chores," and "good night, mom. I love you."
- Adam has been playing video games right along side Johnny all week. Adam however takes a little time to talk to me. He asked me if he looks better in his glasses or not. I said not, and noticed that he is now taking them off for pictures.
- Once again Rachel is making a concerted effort to be less argumentative and is doing a good job. I suspect this will be a temptation for her for much of her life, but it is good that at such a young age she understands and is trying to be better about it.
- Anya took a black binder and made it into her pretend laptop. She has since used it to write stories. That is just so cute and makes me so happy.
- I noticed some black stripes on our toilet paper as well as some black smudges on our toilet seat and I knew that Joseph got a Sharpie.
- Joshua has become quite the amazing artist. I am astonished at how good his pictures are. I will have to photograph some and put them up. Three months ago he could not even draw a face.
- Arwen, my dear, is potty trained!!!!!! I have not had to tell her to go at all. I don't even know when it happens, I just know that she is dry! And for the first time in a very long time, we only have one kid in diapers full time and I am not pregnant.
- Suzy of course had her birthday. She got a little fisher price smart phone and loves it. It plays music and she dances. She loves pushing the buttons too.
This Week's Pictures
1 comment:
How fun to get a new camera! Let me know if you want any tips or help getting to know it and learning to shoot. I can direct you to some great learning websites.
Post a Comment