- John's contract position extended to the end of May. We are hoping to then get a job closer to my parents, so somewhere in the southeast.
- I came home from North Carolina on Tuesday and got right back into the swing of things. I left just 20 minutes before they broke out in a stomach flu, so I count myself lucky. I am proud of myself because I have now done piano lessons and daily practice for 4 weeks straight. Hopefully, that means a habit is forming. I've finally come to terms with the fact that if I want my kids to play piano, I have to be organized enough to be their teacher, and I have to sit with them and help them practice every day.
- Ruth had her AP chem test on Monday. More than half the people do not pass, and that's nationally. Ruth felt like there was a lot of stuff on the test that she did not know, so our fingers are crossed, but no big deal if she does not make it. Ruth works very, very hard everyday. She studies for hours. She babysits and cleans houses to make money. I am very proud of Ruth. She's decided that math and science are not her thing, but she is growing into a very good writer. She's really good with French. She loves playing sports and is quite competitive. She reads her scriptures daily and has a strong testimony. I cannot believe she only has one year left before graduation. Go Ruth!
- Kate had her Calculus AP exam. She thought it was pretty hard, but she has been getting 5's on her practice tests and testing within the top 3 of all of the calc. classes in her high school. She's afraid she got a 4. I hope she gets that 5.
- Johnny is looking so teenagery and grown up. He still has a high pitched squeaky voice, though. And he never has homework! Ruth and Kate had hours of homework each night and Johnny has homework when he has a project due and about 20 minutes of math once a week.
- Adam was fun to come home to. He seemed so happy to see me. I sure love that kid.
- Rachel 's sassy! I'm working on it and with it. She can be the sweetest when she chooses. Rachel's grades are really, really good! She's learning how to work hard.
- Anya's been really good at picking up and doing her chores when she is told. She's doing really great at the piano and will practice by herself when she wants to.
- Somedays I think Joseph is the funnest, sweetest kid. Other days... nevermind... I think he'll grow up to be a really good guy.
- My mom bought Josh these crocs (the shoes) that he picked out at the store. When he saw them he said, "I want the robot shoes." He knew exactly what shoes he wanted as soon as he saw them. and he LOVES them. And he will finally put on his own shoes. I think I love these robot shoes too.
- As soon as we got off the plane, Arwen said, "Where's my Amber. Where's Grandma." But she was quite happy to see her dad when he pulled up and got out of the car.
- Suzy, my little doll, is growing so fast. I want her babiness to last longer.
This Week's Pictures
3 comments:
Such adorable pictures of the children and the especially loved the one with you and all the children.
You should be proud of the all. I think your older two are awesome and very smart.
I am happy that you had that sweet break with your family.
I hope all goes well with your future happenings.
Blessings and hugs!
I like the picture of you and your 10 sweet children!
I'm so glad you went! Fun times! I know Joseph missed you a ton. He came and cuddled with me at Grandma's house.
Post a Comment