I left on Tuesday, just after the kids got home from school to visit my parents in their new home in North Carolina. I took my 3 youngest kids on a flight all by myself. Josh talked loudly the whole time, and Suzy kept trying to crawl away. The kids were a little couped and anxious, but we had no crying. We all survived!
My parents picked me up. When we got to their new home, Josh cried and said that he had wanted to go to his house. But all 3 kids have had so much fun since we've been here. Suzy has been such a sweetie and has loved everyone holding her and talking to her. She's such a friendly, happy little baby. Josh has had fun playing with Sadie, my sister Monika's daughter.
I have loved talking to my parents and hanging out and doing fun stuff with my sisters.We went to a movie together one night and stayed up late to watch a scary movie the next. Hopefully, we will be able to ditch the kids and take off for a swim before I leave early Tuesday.
The family at home seems to be doing fine. From what I hear from Ruth and Kate, they have been very, very busy trying to keep things in order. Ruth has her AP Chemistry exam on Monday, so she has been studying while doing all the dishes and such.
Joseph had a field trip, so John went with him. I think they both really enjoyed it. As far as I know, work is going very well for John. They are keeping him on the project until the end of the month.
I never knew how easy three little kids are. I thought it was hard and busy all those years ago when I only had 3 little kids. Life is so mellow and almost boring at my parent's house. I am used to being on my feet and going all day long. It's been a nice break, but I look forward to diving back into my life as a mom of many. I am glad that I have John and all 10 of my kids, and I am really glad to get some time in with my parents and sisters and niece and nephew. Life is good.
This Week's Pictures









3 comments:
The pictures of course are awesome and I love that you are enjoying time with family and have a bit more down time.
Enjoy the moments on this one!
Blessings and hugs!
What a wonderful family you have! I love big families. Looks like you're doing such a good job with all those sweet children.
I wish you and your family lots of wonderful blessings!
-Summer K
Love the pictures! Aren't big families the best? :)
Sandy
Post a Comment